My eyes met Bella's as I spoke. "I'm unsure of my next steps and feeling lost. She didn't seem to accept my words."

"We have to save her."

I nodded my head. The plane was getting ready to leave. I laid back and took a nap.

Renesmee's P.O.V

I arrived at the Palazzo San Lorenzo Hotel in Volterra, Italy, with my belongings. Mason's mom checked us in and handed us the keys, and then we went to our hotel room using the elevator. Upon reaching the correct floor, we entered our hotel room, and my gaze fell upon the window. Next, I saw a small bathroom and a bed.

"This is where we're staying?" I inquired.

"Yes, for you and me," Mason responded.

Mason walked over to me and set his bags down. He grabbed me and pulled me close. I giggled and put my arms around his neck to kiss him. He kissed me back, and we ended up on the bed. Mason tried to take off my shirt, but I stopped him. He looked at me, confused, and asked, "What's wrong?"

"We can't. I mean, we shouldn't."

"Why not? It's not like you're pregnant."

I looked at him, worried. What if I was pregnant?

Mason read my face. He figured it out. "Wait, you can't be," he asked. "You can't be pregnant. So please tell me you're not pregnant!"

"I threw up twice, so I'm not sure," I explained.

Mason's eyes widened. "You can't be pregnant. It's impossible," he exclaimed.

"It is. I am half-human."

"Oh, shoot."

Mason got off me and sat beside me with his head on his knees.

Mason's P.O.V

Crap, that was not good. I got a girl pregnant, and now I was getting ready to bail on her. I was such a dick. I shouldn't give her up. I had to talk to someone, so I got up and felt an icy hand grab my arm.

"Where are you headed?" Renesmee inquired.

"I need to talk to my mom. Can you manage on your own?" I inquired.

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Okay, I'll be back soon."

Renesmee nodded, and I headed out of the hotel room and knocked on my mother's door. She then opened it.

"Hey Mason, what's up?" Mom asked.

"Can we talk?" I asked, walking into the hotel room.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"It's about giving Renesmee away. I can't do it now."

"Wait, why?"

"For the rest of my life, I'll be a dick. That's why."

Mom sighed. She asked, "What is it?"

"I got Renesmee pregnant," I responded.

My mom's eyes widened. She said, "You, what!"

"I know what you're thinking. I'm stupid," I admitted.

I walked back and forth in the room, panicking.

"It doesn't matter, son. Maybe she's not pregnant," Mom reassured him.

"I'd be a huge jerk if she were," I said.

My mom approached me and said, "Son, you're too sensitive. You should become stronger and move on. You won't see her again."

I looked at her and glared. She said something that made me question. I asked, "Why did you say that?"