11. | Safe somewhere

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry—I'm so sorry I couldn't be there for you" Her e/c eyes tear up. She has always felt responsible for what happened to him since she knew his secret.

But she couldn't tell anyone, Shouto won't let her.

Slowly and steady, she lifts him up and they walk into the bathroom. Y/n ushers him to sit on the toilet seat while she finds bandages and the cleaning supply.

Taking out the necessary, she tilts her head to look at his form. His eyes so pained and practically dull. The way he slowly quivers from the pain, it makes her sick.
How a monster could do this to him.
How people like that exist.

She takes her pads and dips them into antibacterial to clean his open cuts and freshly wounds.

'God what the hell did he do to him, he's gonna pay for this....I'm done playing nice girl'

Her brows creases and her teeth grit together hard.

Shouto winches in pain every time the pad makes contact with his skin. "I'm sorry Shou, just a few more and I'll bandage you up" Her voice chirps in a soft tone—despite feeling like breaking hell louse.

Y/n notices sweat form on Shouto's forehead. His body is continuously trying to heal him.

That bastard, how dare he? How dare call himself a pro-hero?!

Her blood has never boiled like this before. If she could, that bastard would have gone to jail right now. No more suffering.

Y/n finishes up bandaging him and leads the boy to her room. He carefully sits down on her bed and stares down at the floor.

She finds him a new pair of clothes, just some comfortable sweatpants and a blue hoodie that he left over.

Her cheeks flush a tiny red as she hands him the clothes. "D-Do you need help to change, you know I won't look at you like that?" She stares intensely into his mismatched hues.

"Yes please...I feel so numb, I can barely move" His voice rasps out.

It's not like this is weird for them. They have been childhood friends after all. Yes, they have grown and other body parts have developed as well. However they have both have such an established relationship and they're feelings were mutual, so there is no need to be embarrassed about things like that. They feel like soul-friends.

Y/n helps Shouto out of his shirt and notices a big purple bruise on his stomach. Poor boy must have lost his breath when taking that hit...

She shakes her head and puts on his hoodie. The female removes his pants and helps him put on his sweatpants. After that, she throws his dirty clothes into the washing machine and enters her room again.

The boy sitting with his hands inter-whined close. The h/c haired takes a seat next to him, looking deeply into his orbs.

It was like telling him that it was okay, you can cry now. Let it all out.

Because just then, Shouto let's his tears fall down his cheeks. His lips trembling and never did he usually show his emotions so well.

Y/n's eyes and brows narrow, before she takes the boy into her embrace. Him resting his head on her chest, sneaking his arms around her waist—not wanting to let go of the warmth that she gives.

He let's out small whimpers and sniffles as she strokes his dual hair. Feeling how soft his hair actually is.

"I'm right here Shouto, you have me and I'll never leave you. No matter what happens. Come to me, whenever you feel sad, depressed or you know...just talk to me, or stay in my embrace and I'll help you anyway I can" Her voice fills his lungs with a safe emotion. Much different from his father.

She reminds him of his mother and how kind she would caress him. Okay, Y/n is far from that gentle and she's way more rowdy and fierce. Yet, when it comes to Shouto, her hard heart melts and she embraces him like any mother would do.

She's going to be a great hero. He can tell.

"My parents won't be back until tomorrow, same goes for my brother. I know we haven't done this in a while and we're both growing up, but I'm not letting you go anywhere. Stay here tonight" Y/n says as she holds him tighter.

"Thank you...I want to stay here. I don't care if it's wrong, it doesn't matter to me. I have known you my whole life. I always feel so calm and safe with you. Whether you were a boy or not, that wouldn't change" The dual haired replies as he looks at her with slightly narrowed eyes.

The female closes her eyes as she smiles weakly. "That's right—nothing will change that"