Chapter fifteen

Começar do início

I pace back and forth in the room assessing the situation.

This is fucked up.

I nodded towards T10 and Henry.
" I would like to speak with Sergeant Z alone."

Henry shot me a warning look as both of them left the room.
After the door closed, I abruptly turned and strode to where she sat.

Coughing out a humourless laugh I bend down to meet her gaze.
" You're really what they say, right? A disaster in every mission."

"What?"

" You disrupted the code of interference in a closed case, risked the life of one of my men, along with blowing the cover of this entire bureau to a mafia while disobeying a direct order to NEVER do any of the above. "

She hit her hands on the table and stood up causing the chair to fly backwards as she ground out,
" What is your problem?!"

" Do not raise your voice at me! You have no idea how much trouble you've bestowed upon us."

" What trouble? It's not like-"

"You just witnessed a crime where the person is directly liable for capital punishment if caught. "

Her eyes squinted in confusion.
" Yes. So bring the mafia to the law for justice."

" Justice?! Z, do you have any idea what you're blabbering about? Ignazio Nostaras is the law. And you being his uninvited guest gives you the luxurious opportunity to be the next in list to be.. eliminated..if I can put in better words."

" Hmm.. your sarcasm never ceases to amaze me. So, you're telling me that I'm gonna get killed. "

" Yes. In turn putting the identity of this bureau under risk. In short, you fucked up, Z."

She glanced away.
" Thanks for rubbing it in."

The room was filled with silent tension as I contemplated my next step.

" I have a question." I looked back at her." So you've pretty much ignored his crimes. Why have you not attempted to look into him? I mean , all other cases, however difficult are dealt with. Much more deadlier ones. Why not this?"

I took in a deep breath.
" We did. But the man has a sweet tooth in taking things personal."

" Meaning?"

" Meaning..Stay. Away. From. Him."

She cocked her head to the side and smirked
" What J ? Afraid to go personal?"

" Shut up."

" What ? Did your girlfriend cheat on you with Nostaras? I mean, it would be going personal enough but-"

My jaws clenched in anger as I tightened my fist to prevent slamming them into some wall.
" I said, SHUT UP!"

She seemed unfazed by my apparent anger.
" Ooh.. issues..issues.. I wonder what they are. Is this the reason why you're an asshole? That serves a good -"

I pulled my hair in annoyance and shoved the table between us and got hold of her chin bringing my face infinitely close to hers.
" SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Her brows rose in surprise as her eyes darted between mine which roamed across her face taking the wounds from her escapade. My eyes softened as my hand involuntarily came up to her cheek, trailing a finger along the bruised skin while her orbs close in pain at the contact as her breathing came in laboured pants.

Hmm.. someone's nervous.

My other hand slid back to her hair as I clutched the black locks to bring her face even more closer to mine if possible.

" Do not ask the questions you don't want to know the answer to."
I whispered whilst rubbing my thumb over her bottom lip.

" What if I do?"

I smirked at the woman's stubbornness as I bent down further , meeting her eyes with mine for a second before my lips brushed against hers. Her breath fanned against her surprisingly quivering lips as she kept still.

Slowly her lips parted , and before the logical part of my brain took over I opened my mouth to crush her-

" J! You finished yet?"

Good day darlings.

Long time no see..
It's been so long since I updated.
How are y'all doing?

So things are getting heated up with J and Z right?
I will just say my heroine had a temporary moment of confusion..😂

What do you think when he said Ignazio went personal?
And Z seems quite the observer eh?

Hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter.
Let me know what should happen next.

VOTE AND COMMENTS PLEASE.

Byeeeee❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️