Part 2 》Famous

The bell rang. It was lunch and at the same time the classes were dismissed.

Most of the students were heading to the gates but some were entering to the canteen. I also followed and ordered lunch. Most of the times last year, I used to bring a packed lunch to save money.

Dropping the tray to a vacant table, I started to pick the utensils up and chew the food.

Observing the surroundings, I found that only the green and blue chorded ones were inside. Some were purchasing foods and some were sitting and facing their friends. I caught a lot of students who were shifting their stares from my head to toe, as if I robbed something. Well, I couldn't blame them because I just transferred, right? And I already received those curiosity since I stepped our room--- my classmates showed inquisitive to my appearance.

I lifted the spoon and fork again. Taking another swallow, two persons suddenly passed by and took a seat in front of mine and the other was beside me. We faced each other without noises coming from the three of us. Since I couldn't take the silence any longer, I spoke first.

"Er, hello?"
"Hi Kayleigh! Nice meeting you," the girl on the left replied.
"Well how do you know m-"
"Oh you don't know us? Pity you. We are prominent here, not to boast," the other girl answered.

These girls were indeed familiar to me. My senses came and it took me a minute to realize that they were my classmates and were really well-known.

"Oh right!" I snapped my two fingers together and pointed my finger in front. "You are Seanna Knight and Lauren Mase!"

"Thank you for recalling. Perhaps we shall eat together?"

"Of course, Seanna."

While eating my lunch, I stared at them. They were the type of students who gained fame by the time. I could imagine people looking up to them and treating them like celebrities. Their aura were truly powerful.

"So," I continued our conversation again, "may I ask. . . Why are you two so famous here? Not to brag you down or throw negative comments though, just out of curiosity."

Seanna said, "I really don't know. Maybe it's because we belong on so many clubs since freshman."

"Yeah," Lauren added, "That's one of the reason. We really love to participate on joining the school clubs and having a privilege. We want to socialize others and train our leadership."

"Ooooh," was the only thing blurted from my mouth.

Then we continued to eat our foods. I took my phone out and checked the time. It was 12:58 pm. Then it vibrated with loads of notifications coming in. The sound was not muted but only in a low volume and the two must have heard it.

A curious Lauren suddenly asked, "Bombarded with notifs aye? I'm used to it though."

"How d'you know?"

Seanna giggled. "Been there done that, Kaye."

Oh right. They're so famous here in school as well as in cyber. I wonder how many followers, fans, or subcribers they have.

"So," Seanna Knight continued as she realized I was done scanning their faces to look for answers and to process the 'thing,' "are you an active netizen too? A blogger? Vlogger? Account user? Hacker? What are you?"

I smiled and answered, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, and no. I do have a lot of accounts, perhaps two or more in every well-known social media. I can say I'm a fan of anything---well I'm easily attracted to everything that is cool to me---and so I made many fan pages. I have personal accounts too and for instance, I post aesthetic on Instagram and memes on Facebook. I blog on Twitter and make vlogs on YouTube with challenges, dares, and inspiring short films."