{ three }

**Unedited - Shorter chapter***

The next hour or so had been fairly unproductive in the lab. Tony was sipping away at his red nose-burning liquid while tinkering away on something small at his desk, and while he refused to pay any attention to me, I still laid at his feet, with my stomach actually covering his left foot. He complained a great deal about me doing so, but made no move to kick me off, so I huffed in content and simply laid my head over my paws.

There was quiet jazz music playing upstairs that I could hear, soft and smooth as it slowly played me to sleep. I was almost fast asleep when Tony suddenly leaned back, holding up whatever he was holding and inspected it. My head shot up and I looked up at him from the ground, my head tilting to the side in confusion.

"I'm the best." Tony commented as he looked down at me. I tilted my head the other way and let out a huff. What had he done?

"Come on Butterball, let's give this baby a test run." Tony stood from his chair, making me shoot to my feet, my tail wagging. Tony held a weird device in his hand that he moved to sit on his head. After activating it, it seemed to create screens around his face. I whined and tilted my head again. What did it do?

Footsteps were heard from the other part in the garage, and I spun around to see Tony's Iron Man suit walking. On its own. I jumped back, my side hitting Tony's leg as I carefully watched the suit move towards us. A low rumble came from my chest and my ear flattened to my head. The suits weren't supposed to work unless Tony was inside one.

"Cool it Cujo." Tony bumped me with his knee, making my growling cease and look up at him. The thing on his head must be controlling it!

I looked back at the suit, taking a few slow, careful steps forward to meet it in the middle of the garage. My body was still tense as I sniffed it's leg. It smelled normal, nothing out of the ordinary. Just the same old smell of motor oil and metal, with a hint of BO, probably from Tony. The suit quickly spun around and began walking up the stairs to the living room of the house. I jumped, it's sudden movement surprising me.

I chuffed and shook my head. It still unsettled me that it could move on its own without the need of a pilot inside. Tony laughed at me quickly before walking off and beginning to work on something else. The sound of a car engine caught my attention, making me stand up straight, getting excited. Pepper's home!

Bolting to the stairs, I ran up them, albeit with a little trouble due to the slick metallic surface, and bounded to the door after I reached the top. The sun was setting beautifully over the ocean from what I could see out the window, and Pepper was trying not to laugh at Tony's giant Christmas present sitting on the driveway. I barked repeatedly, jumping up into the air and leaning my front paws on the door to get Pepper's attention.

She turned to the door upon hearing me and smiled. Walking over, the door opened for her automatically and I squeezed myself out as soon as I could fit. I ran over to Pepper and started whining happily, trying to nuzzle her legs. She hated it when I jumped up on her, so I refused to do so since it angered her.

"Hey Rosie!" Pepper bend over and started rubbing my side as I tried to reach back and lick her hand.

"Come on, let's go inside." She urged, taking a step forward. I walked in front of her back into the house, sniffing the floor as I went. The suit had come up here...

"I'm sorry I'm late but I was- what the- what is that?" Pepper caught sight of the Tony-less suit sitting on the couch, its foot on its other knee and its arm stretched across the back of the couch. The red and gold metal made a huge contrast to the white leather of the furniture. Pepper laughed.