Good Attempt

War sighed in relief, leaning back in his chair as Death strolled up beside him. "That went better than expected." The hooded one commented.

"Aren't you afraid Lucifer's going to rip another one of your hoods?" War asked, noticing the covered face.

"Hey, I just went out in broad daylight with the dang sun shining brightly onto my pale sensitive skin." Death said. "I deserve a bit of complete darkness under my hood. You realize even the moonlight burns me?"

"You mean you feel like it's burning you when it doesn't do shit to you." War rolled his eyes.

"Shut up. I don't roll around in fire like you do."

"Yeah, you're a cold icy bastard." War retorted. "What do you do when you're cold? Or are you immune because you're already cold as balls."

Death gave War a dry look. "You're always around me. It's impossible to not stay warm."

"And why the hell are you always around me?" War asked. "Are you stalking me?!"

Death rolled his eyes again. "If you haven't noticed for the past THOUSANDS OF YEARS, WAR! Every time you kill someone, I am right behind cleaning up your messes!"

"So...we're inseparable is what you're saying." War mumbled.

"Should I be surprised that you only figured it out now after working with you for the past thousands of years?" Death palmed his forehead. "You're such an idiot..."

"I'm not an idiot! I am a master at strategizing for battle! I won every single battle! Internal and external!" War shouted.

"Yes. I suppose forcing people to have conflicts with each other is always your solution." The reaper mumbled. "And that's putting it lightly."

War scoffed. "And you just end whatever the hell they are feeling."

"That's smarter than creating unnecessary extreme emotions."

"Will the both of you shut up already?" Satan waltzed in with his arms crossed. "You two are literally different beings with different jobs that is supposed to have different mindsets. What is the point in fighting when you're literally born that way?"

"Right, dad." Death said with indifference. "So the next time our sons are here, they should be calling you grandpa."

The ruler of the underworld gasped dramatically. "I may be old in age but I look marvelous!" He said, flipping his hair. "Now, why the hell aren't we watching Mark and Anti talk?"

Death pointed at a certain direction. "You're asking the wrong person."

War got confused. "What?"

Satan then smacked Death's hand away. "Shush! Let's just get to it! And take that stupid hood off before I rip it!" He said, motioning to his gigantic orb, summoning three asterisks.

***

As Jack finally left the room and closed the door, Mark turned to focus on the half-demon that is crossing his arms with an annoyed expression on his face. It's evident that he would rather be anywhere but close to Mark.

"What the hell do you want?"

The son of War sighed through his nose. "Anti, I'd...like to apologize-"

"For what?" The demon half glared at Mark. "For endangering Dark? For being a stubborn ass? For dating someone who is being so obviously suspicious that it should be impossible for her to even be in high school? Or for being just plain stupid?!" He shouted louder the more he spoke.

Mark stayed silent for a bit in case Anti has more to shout at him. He doesn't know what to feel. Part of him is getting mad from the half-demon just plainly being pissed off at him, not seeing his side of the story where he is just as confused. Another part of him feels guilty, knowing he fucked up and he's just lucky that everything turned out alright, for now, thanks to the people around him. Yet in the end, he knows that wasn't for him. It was for Dark.

Anti noticed Mark's silence which fueled his anger and was about to start shouting again until he saw Mark's defeated expression. "I'm sorry..." He can hear the dejected tone from Mark. "I know whatever I say now is not going to fix everything and I'm sorry for putting Dark in danger."

"It wouldn't have happened if you didn't start dating that stupid little bitch." Anti snarled, arms still crossed.

Mark felt mad at Anti for talking about Diana like that, but he knows better than to snap at the half-demon who is able to annihilate him with just a left of a finger while he struggles with his own physical attacks. "Look, I don't know what you all have against her. She-"

"Then how about thinking for once, Mark." Anti's eyes pierced through Mark. "Your life is already a mess. Do we really need someone to be a part of all this? Even if she is suspicious, do you really want a human to butt in when we are trying to figure things out ourselves?! Have you ever thought how that can put Dark in danger? Or even worst, drag Jack in?!"

"I DIDN'T ASK FOR ANY OF THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

Anti jumped, eyes wide, and anger dissipating into shock and a little bit of fear when Mark's body suddenly bursts into flames. Dark never did that. Dark will only do that if he's extremely pissed, and his Dark is as calm and as condescending as he can be.

Mark's voice suddenly got calm as the flames faded away, but not without the threatening tone. "I didn't ask," He started, "to be a half demon. I didn't ask to be made with a demon father. I didn't ask to even be fucking born!" He breathed heavily, not caring how Anti reacts. "And to make things worse, I didn't fucking know about all of this until I am months away from being 18 years old. Now, who's fault is that?" He growled. "Was it my idea to hold off all of these important explanations of who I am and why I am this way until I am forced to face my demon half?! No! So, however I fucking react to whatever I'm being thrusted towards in this distressing and bewildering situation cannot be all my fault, can it?!"

Anti doesn't really know what to say but he had to admit Mark's right. He never realized how unfair it all actually is. Mark and Jack grew up in a world of confusion where he has to deal with the abnormal circumstances in his life. Yet, because of the different fathers, Mark had to deal with the addition of blatant rage while Jack comparatively had it easier. Mark was only told to conceal it and hold it back, like a fiery version of Elsa from Frozen. It's hurtful even if he is the son of War. War can rage all he wants on the battlefield but Mark had to forcefully swallow that ball of fire down. Now that he knows what's going on, it's natural for him to want to fight back or even just find a way to unleash all the irritation he had built up inside him even if it's bit by bit.

Anti clenched his teeth and closed his eyes, sighing. "You're right...and I'm-I...I'm sorry."

Mark's eyes widened, not expecting an apology. He was ready to be pinned and have half of him destroyed after that first shout, anything but an apology. "What?" He responded quietly.

Anti exhaled slowly, trying to calm whatever emotions were clawing their way out. He honestly doesn't know what to feel, but all he knows is that whatever he wants to do as a reaction, it's aggressive.

"Look, we clearly don't understand what each of us is dealing with. And none of us had a choice..." Anti's face twisted into a bitter expression. "But you're right. I should be more considerate of your confusion in the entire dilemma. However..." He paused. "That doesn't mean you can make rash decisions of dating suspicious people. You heard from Pain already. There will be other beings who will take advantage of you for being War's son. You not being informed when you were younger is most likely because your parents don't want you to be in danger."

"And now I'm risking myself being even more exposed from not knowing how to control or deal with this entire situation," Mark concluded. "I just want a normal life! I want to date whoever I want! Not be stuck with Jack."

Anti flinched but scowled. "You say that like Jack's not worth your time."

"I don't mean that! I don't like him that way and no one can force me!" Mark shouted back. "He's my friend! I care! But you can't just make me like him!"

Anti exhaled through his nose and closed his eyes to compose himself. "Fuckin' dumbass..." He mumbled under his breath then cleared his throat. "Alright. Drop Jack for a second." He grabbed Mark by the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer. "I suggest we get along."

Mark blinked. He doesn't really know what to respond. It's no secret that he is absolutely terrified of Anti since this demon-half gives off the impression that control is never his strong suit with his laugh and his outbursts.

"You're afraid of me." Anti concluded from Mark's silence and the quite obvious look of fear. "No, don't try and deny it." He added before releasing the human half. "I'm aware how you feel for me. You tolerate me for everyone else's sake." He said, sitting down on the bed. "And they wonder why I'm not always around you alone."

Mark felt terrible. It's true how he never wanted to be alone with Anti or even Jack at this point because the idea of the son of Death just freaks him out.

Anti, himself, has heard from Ken how Mark constantly expresses his fear and how he just does not like to be around Anti in general, claiming Anti will somehow tear him apart when he's not paying attention. He is confused as to why since Mark is the son of War with Dark literally as the other half of him, there should not be a reason for him to be afraid of Anti for they are both demi-demons with powers equally destructive. However, the demon half understands that in comparison of what Mark has witnessed and heard about the powers between the two, the powers of Death do sound more terrifying

"I get it, Mark. I scare you." Anti sighed and laid on the bed. "Now can we get over that and actually talk? Jack is able to talk to Dark like he's a friend instead of a demon, why can't you do the same for me?"

Mark doesn't know why. In fact, if he does, he probably would have already tried to fix it. Then again, with so many things happening and his emotions all out of whack being infatuated by a girl, getting weird mixed feelings from Jack, Chad being completely insane, and somehow getting upset at Dark and for some reason, Victor, he just may not have any time to think about it or even find out a solution.

"I can practically hear the gears running. Stop thinking." Anti flicked Mark's forehead. "Besides, we had a fun time once. I was eating strawberries and you were trying not to piss me off."

"Right..." Mark replied.

Anti sighed again. "We fixed nothing." He reached for the doorknob. "Might as well get Jack in here."

Suddenly, a hand gripped Anti's own wrist, stopping him. The demon half looked to find Mark staring at him. "Dark, if it's you messing with me, you really need to get some rest." Anti assumed.

Mark shook his head. "Can we...hug it out?"

Anti rolled his eyes. "Alright alright. Come here." The green haired demon-half awkwardly wrapped his arms around Mark, not really knowing what he should be doing. Anti doesn't hug, he usually just leans in whatever embrace he was pulled into.

Mark, however, with his thick muscular arms and broad shoulders, pulled Anti in causing the half-demon to grunt quietly as he his body impacted with Mark's.

"Jeez...how often do you work out?" Anti knocked on Mark's chest as a joke.

"I actually don't work out much." Anti listened to Mark's chest rumble, feeling particularly warm.

"Being the son of War has its perks, huh?"

"I guess you can say that." Mark grinned sheepishly. "You're also very slender."

Anti huffed. "Yeah, as if I don't hear enough of that."

"No! No, I don't mean it in a bad way! I mean...I mean uh..." Mark pressed his lips together.

"Out with it, Fischbach." Anti said, wanting to cross his arms but he's stuck in a hug.

"I just mean that..." Mark took a deep breath. "You're very nice to hold."

Anti felt warmth spread across his cheeks. That was odd. He and Dark exchange cheesy phrases to each other all the time but he has never felt shy like this before. The demon half swallowed and tried to shove those feelings away. "As if you never held Jack before."

Mark closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling. "Jack is small and...warm. He smells like cookies. You smell like rain." He went on, mumbling. "Hugging you feels like a fresh minty breath that went straight through my body..."

That did it. Anti's face grew redder than it ever did. "Sh-shut up!" He shouted, refusing to acknowledge that he felt shy because of this human. He likes Dark, sure, but his human half has yet to impress him with anything. Why in the world would he feel like this from one stupid hug?

"Sorry." Mark let go of the hug, almost making Anti whine. "I probably made you uncomfortable, huh?"

Anti pressed his lips together and held his own arms. "No...it's-it's fine." He mumbled.

"So...do you forgive me?" Mark asked cautiously, not wanting Anti to lash out at him.

Anti exhaled slowly. "We'll see. For now, I won't hit you at least." And he stepped out of the room.

Mark sighed, sitting back on his bed. "At least...it's progress?" He muttered to himself.

"You know you just broke one of his barriers to you." Dark's voice rang in his head again.

"I thought you were sleeping?" Mark thought his demon half.

"Someone has to make sure Anti does not kill you. Or you not saying stupid shit to piss him off again." Dark chuckled. "But good job on the hug...and the compliment."

Mark nodded. "Yeah, are you ok?"

"Just exhausted." Dark answered. "But I'm glad things turned out fine."

"Sorry, dude..." Mark apologized, still feeling bad.

"It's not entirely your fault from the looks of it." Dark said. "This may sound bad, but regarding the situation, I think it's better if you stay away from Diana until we figure out what the hell is going on."

He was right, Mark didn't like what he was hearing/, but he sighed and said, "Alright..."

"Wait, seriously?" Dark thought something must have short-circuited in Mark's head.

"Look, I realized from what happened that all this is much more serious than me wanting to make things work for myself. I foolishly thought I can handle everything on my own when I'm probably being controlled by an outside force." Mark explained. "I don't want to make the same mistake again and have things be even more complicated than it already it. It's not fair for you nor Anti...nor even Jack. Seeing how Jack was the one to worry about me when I'm the one who messed up, it feels wrong, man..."

Dark would have pat Mark's shoulder if he could. "I'm glad you think so..." He paused. "This is the first time we ever talked to each other without you getting all worked up and pissed off."

"Yeah...feels nice." Mark smiled, enjoying the brief silence. "Dark? Any advice on how to get on Anti's good side?"

Dark laughed, not believing what he's hearing. "So, you want to be civil with Anti? Sure you won't be scared?"

"He's...not THAT bad." Mark admitted. "The hug was nice."

"Yeah, he's nice everywhere if you'd just allow him in." Dark chuckled. "Anti...he may not look like it but he loves to be praised and complimented. He's an insecure little fucker."

"He is? But he seems so confident all the time." Mark shook his head, not believing what he's hearing.

"He tries. Being sassy and sarcastic is his nature but he's also a part of Jack. The boy isn't exactly very confident and that shows in Anti." Dark explained. "Don't forget, they are still the same person. And with you being friendly towards Jack but scared of Anti, that made it worse for him. So, he decided to just be mad at you."

Mark furrowed his eyebrows, still not quite getting it.

"And now you have a girlfriend, completely ignoring your friend. You shouted at Jack when he got the VR set when Diana doesn't seem to be facing matters as important and intense as what Jack himself is facing. You're dealing with the same thing and look what a mess you became. We've repeated this over and over. You're the only other person who understands Jack, and you're not being the companion he needs."

Mark closed his eyes and sighed. He is aware, and it isn't the first time he heard this. But this time is the only time he actually listened with a clear mind.

"I get it." Mark answered. "I'll redeem myself."

"Mark. I'm not trying to make you feel bad. But do rethink on how you've been acting to everyone after you have gotten a girlfriend. I'll dig up the memories from your head if I have to."

Mark closed his eyes, actually letting all of the memories resurface, while Dark sat back and paid attention for every single detail he might have missed.

***

Meanwhile, Anti is sitting across Jack with his arms and legs crossed. Blue eyes and mismatched eyes staring at each other.

Jack furrowed his brows, wanting to look away from the intense stare. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He feels somewhat pressured.

"So..." The demon half started. "You actually took my advice." He said.

"What's so bad about listening to yourself?" Jack shrugged, grabbing a can of what looks to be milk tea. "I didn't know they have canned milk tea..."

"I honestly didn't think you'd actually listen to me about detaching yourself from him." The half-demon continued.

"What? Are you regretting giving me such advice?" Jack asked. "You didn't want me to do it in the first place?"

"Of course that's not it." Anti responded. "Dan and Phil are nice people. I approve but Victor..."

"Yeah...Victor was creeping me out."

Anti winced. "I hope he stays away from us. I'm afraid we might have accidentally rewired his mentality towards you when we played around on Friday the 13th."

"We?"

"Ok, I might have done it. It was my first actual time unleashing powers of my own as myself as a way of fucking people up, I might have gone a little overboard."

"As long as he doesn't become dangerous," Jack said, sipping on his milk tea. "Or obsessive."

"I can't promise that, but I can promise I'll prevent him from stalking you." Anti chuckled. "I do hope, though, you don't completely throw Mark aside with your new friends."

"He's also my friend."

"Yes, but I know you're going to try and distance yourself more and more, don't try to deny it." Anti continued.

"How are you so sure?"

"I'm you, Jack." Anti reminded Jack with a small smile. "You're going to use this chance to try and end your crush on Mark...but you're also going to subconsciously drown yourself into this new circle of friends, slowly moving away from Ken and Mark so you can avoid having to confront whatever it is about Mark that is troubling you."

Jack looked a little guilty but tried to hide it. "Not everything you say is going to be true, you know."

"I'm hoping you'd prove me wrong."

Oh, how Jack wanted to wipe that smug smirk off Anti's face. He was irked from how he got exposed so easily, but then again, he was exposed by himself in a sense. Like everyone tells him, no one knows him better than himself. But his mind and feelings being metaphorically plowed open and revealed to himself at once is a sensational but very frustrating thing to experience. He can't argue, knowing Anti is definitely right. No point in arguing with yourself when literally another being that is a part of you is telling you what the fuck is going on in your brain.

"Shut up." Jack couldn't think of anything better to say, causing Anti to laugh. He sipped his can of milk tea, leaning back on his seat. "So, what did Mark say to you?"

"We uh...gave each other a wake-up call...kind of." It's odd how they're having a normal lazy friendly chat, especially after all that drama back in school. The only thing lacking from Anti's hand is a cup of wine and that would complete the entire aura he's emitting. "We apologized to each other."

"Wait wait...what in the world have you done to him?" Jack asked, no understanding why Anti had to apologize.

"I haven't been very considerate." His demon half responded. "Granted, I kind of was acting like him, wasn't I? Only caring about myself, how I want to fix things...never even thinking about how you two felt when suddenly being forced to acknowledge all this." Anti sighed, crossing his arms. "Besides, I did scare him a bunch. You know he's so terrified of me? I can see the fear on his face and he was surprised I didn't kill him after he yelled at me."

"I thought you had progress with him after that whole strawberry thing." Jack wondered.

"And I knocked him back to square one in school today." Anti sighed, running a hand through his hair. "At least we hugged it out."

"Ooo~ a hug. Lucky lucky you, getting a fucking hug." Jack crushed the can in his palm and threw it in the bin. "All I get are side bro hugs. In fact, I don't even get any sort of physical contact with the guy."

"Well, you can enjoy that with Victor."

"NO!" Jack shuddered with a grimace. "Oh gawd no! I'd rather have a threesome with Dan and Phil!"

"I really really don't need that mental image." Anti palmed his forehead. "But it's already in your head and I can freakin' see it. Augh!"

Suddenly, Jack was grabbed and pulled into an embrace. "Seaaaan!"

"Whaaaat Felix?" Jack furrowed his eyebrows. What's with his friend getting handsy on him lately?

"Why are you abandoning us?" The blonde one whined. "Are we not good enough for you?"

Jack rolled his eyes. "You of all people should know why the hell I'm doing this."

"Yeah yeah, but Mark needs guidance, specifically from you!" The Swede poked Jack's chest.

"He has Dark, I don't need to do anything. As if he ever listens to me, ever. Besides, I need a break from him, you know? Crushing is tiring."

"Leave the poor guy be, Feilx." Ken sat down on a chair, crossing his legs. "Unlike us, emotions aren't something they can just shut off like there's an off button."

"You guys don't feel emotions?" Jack asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "No, I'm pretty sure I saw Felix upset the other day."

"We are capable of emotions, Jack. But because a lot of the demon powers are channeled from emotions, Lucifer made it that once we reach a limit, everything of ours shut down so we won't break anything, if you know what I mean. The almighty deity up there doesn't want his world shattered because of, and I quote, 'Luciel's little toys'. It works on us full demons at least. Dark and Anti is...well...complicated. They have more control over their own emotions as the half-demons they are. As for you two human halves, there's no telling what could happen. Which is one of the reasons why Felix and I are sent to be by your sides."

"It was always them who were the first people to calm you guys down of any extreme negative emotion." Anti pointed out. "Now, Dark and I do more of that job. They just make sure no one is aware or knows of your half-demon parts."

"And we make very good friends~!" Felix hugged Jack even tighter.

"Ack! Felix get off me!"

"But you looooove me!"

"Yes, when you're not strangling me!"

Anti smiled at the display and closed his eyes, his mind going back to the nice warm hug. Dark has hugged him before, he felt secure, wanted, and protected. Yet with Mark, he felt...warm, an emotional feeling would wash over him. He doesn't know how to describe it, but it just felt...right to be in his embrace. He sighed through his nose, feeling oddly comfortable.

"What's got you feeling so content?" Ken suddenly appeared, sitting down next to the half demon.

Jack finally shoved Felix off of him, ignoring his whine. "Yeah, you looked like you were in complete distress when we just came back. And now you're relaxed. What exactly happened when Mark talked to you?"

Anti furrowed his eyebrows. "What makes you think it has something to do with Mark?"

"I know it has something to do with Mark."

"Why can't it be Dark?"

"Because you don't look so lovestruck."

Felix watched this back and forth between the human half and the demon half, slightly worried an argument will start up. He was about to try and change the topic before he caught Ken's eye, who's smiling and shaking his head subtly.

"Now what makes you so sure?"

Jack chuckled, crossing his legs after he opened another can of milk tea. "Like you keep on reminding me, Anti, I'm you. I might look clueless to my own emotions but I can definitely see how my emotions are working on you."

Anti scoffed and smiled, rolling his eyes.

"But you haven't really answered me." Jack leaned forward, eyeing Anti with a smile. "What happened up there? I was half expecting you to storm downstairs in fury and possibly kill the guy. I don't think Dark has the energy to come out comfort you either no matter how much he adores you." The human half took another sip. "You realize you don't really have a choice on whether you want to tell or not."

"Alright alright. We fuckin' talked and hugged it out in the end, happy now?" Anti rolled his eyes, waving his hand like a sassy teen would. "Jeez, it's like not knowing what happened is gonna kill you."

Jack shrugged. "It might. Juicy gossip always gets people going." He said with a teasing grin, ignoring Anti's scoff. "But you guys hugged? Really? I'm surprised you didn't stab him or something."

"Told you he's actually really nice. Just really dense." Ken added.

Anti hummed, exhaling slowly. "I didn't expect Mark to be the one inheriting War's denseness. He might be a genius in the battlefield but oh man, social skills are not his thing. Makes me wonder how in the fuck did he even end up dating Lisa."

"I ask that all the time." Ken mumbled.

"But yeah, I'll be nicer to Mark. As long as he stops trying to avoid us." The demon half spoke quietly.

"I can't promise that." Jack replied.

"But I can."

Everyone turned their heads to find Mark walking out with a smile. "Heeeey guys..."

"Finally decided to come out?" Ken said, walking over to Mark and patting him on his back. "You know we're really worried about you."

Mark chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Were you really? Even after that whole disaster I caused?"

"Mark, you may be dense but we know you have some decent common sense." Ken said. "Since we found out what's going on whenever you're making decisions dealing with your girlfriend, we better get to the source of the problem. Clearly, you were never in control of your decisions and because we constantly doubt that, you get even more stubborn."

The son of War sighed. "I really just want things to not get so complicated."

"It's not really our choice when apparently there seems to be an outside force manipulating you." Felix added. "Whatever happened, it's definitely not done by anyone we know. We'd be able to sense a demon presence."

"I feel like Percy Jackson when everyone thinks he has the lightning bolt." Mark muttered, sitting down next to Jack with a sigh.

"That's not too far off an analogy." Ken said. "Someone could be taking advantage of how unstable you guys are."

Felix rolled his eyes. "Look I know this all makes sense and possibly answers some really important questions, but can we not talk about boring shit after such a day? I'm physically and mentally exhausted."

"You barely did anything!" Jack shoved Felix aside.

"Oh yeah, you try stopping time, freezing everyone, then fast forwarding time to end shit, then having to manipulate your entire school's minds to thinking it's normal, and still be completely energized, bitch!" Felix retorted.

"Fair point." Jack ruffled Felix's hair.

"What I want to know is..." Ken suddenly spoke up, side glancing Mark. "Why the hell is Victor stuck to you like a freak fanboy?"

"I honestly don't know, man. It's freaking me the fuck out. I WANT OUT!"

Anti chuckled. "You're the one who agreed. I can't help you either." He said, hugging a cushion. "Although, he is acting way out of the ordinary."

"I did a little background check on him after that Friday." Felix pointed out. "He has a very obsessive personality."

Jack gave Felix a blank look. "I mean, that's...obvious but go on."

"His family is in debt because his father is addicted to gambling." Felix continued. "His mother also works for the Shackleton's, as a saleswoman or something. To get rid of the debt, his mom introduced Victor to the Shackleton's and got him to be some sort of personal bodyguard for Chad. Though, I'd say it's more of a personal servant. And Victor has creepy shots of Chad shirtless."

Everyone else shuddered in disgust and disbelief. "Grosssss." Jack held his can close to him after taking another sip. "I did not need that mental picture."

Anti scowled. "Then stop fucking thinking about it! Clear that away from my head!" He waved his arms frantically like swatting away at bugs.

"Fine, another change of topic." Felix clapped his hands with a mischievous grin. "Sooooo we heard Mark and Anti had a nice hug~"

Anti looked away immediately while Mark slightly blushed, causing the rest of them to snicker.

"What's wrong with a hug?" Mark asked, acting innocent, even though he technically is innocent. "Not like we were shoving our tongues down each other's throats."

"Hey, I didn't say anything about a hug being wrong!" Felix lifted his hands up in defense. "In fact, I love hugs." He proceeds to give Jack another strangling hug. "But it's the people hugging that made it interesting."

"What do you mean?" Anti turned back, eyes narrowed.

"What he means is..." Ken clarified. "You two never gave us the impression that you got along, ever. It's weird."

"Well then, get used to it. I'm trying to be nicer to this asshole for the sake of everything we're dealing with here." Anti crossed his arms with a humph.

"Hey! That's mean!" Mark frowned. "I take back the hug now!"

"You can't take back a hug!" The demon half retorted. "And I leaned on you! You gotta give me back that to take back that hug!"

"Just when he said he's going to be nicer," Jack mumbled, finishing another can of milk tea. "Where did mom even buy this from?"

"It's a whole box given to her from the Shackleton's because they have a partnership with Nestle." Felix explained. "Hashtag not spon."

"Ugh..." Jack put the can down. "I don't want to drink it anymore."

"Pretty sure it's safe." Mark held up his own can. "And tastes good."

"Not as good as the hug y'all shared!" Felix yelled out. "Ohhhhhhh!"

Anti grumbled. "I miss Dark...Why am I stuck in this torture?"

"Mark's the next best thing though," Ken commented, not fazed by Anti's glare. "I mean, I'm not wrong."

Anti sighed, he did promise to try and get closer to the guy. It's not like he hates him. "Alright, fine." The demon half scooted over to Mark and laid his head on the human's shoulder, exhaling slowly through his nose to relax.

Mark, meanwhile, froze with a very obvious blush on his face. "Whaaaat's...happening...?"

"Shut up," Anti said simply and closed his eyes.

Ken and Felix palmed their mouths, trying their best not to make a sound. But Jack...he's trying not to show any reaction on his face. But he's definitely jealous, and he's not denying it...out loud at least.

Now I miss Dark...

***

"Can I be out now?!" A small boy with tiny fluttering wings shouted from his cell. "I was just trying to have fun since mom left! I didn't mean to cause such a chaotic moment!"

Slime poured out of nowhere and solidified into Pestilence, standing at the other side of the locked dungeon. "Sorry, Zeus is supposed to pick you up but he's playing catch the Monkey King with Buddha and God right now. You know letting beings from the heaven out of hell needs a process, Cupid."

The boy pouted. "No more ouchies, please?"

"No more. Even I'm getting tired of it." Pestie stretched with a groan. "All this work is killing me, and I still have to babysit Aphrodite's baby for her! It's amazing how she doesn't even act like she cares you're stuck down here."

"Mommy found another cute guy and left..." Cupid shrugged. "Nothing new there."

"Well, it's not like she can get you out of here even if she's here. Requirements state that Zeus takes you back." The horsewoman stated. "Speaking of which, what happened to your little toys?"

"They are not toys! They are sacred love arrows and my trustful bow!"

"Yeah, which you used as a toy the other day. In the end, causing a havoc in a place where you should not even be near in the first place. Actually, you're not supposed to be out of your heavenly chambers whenever your mother isn't around."

Cupid pouted. "Alright fine, that's true...but I was told that I can have fun there and practice my aim! I really didn't mean to...especially now that I've lost my bow and arrow...mom is going to kill me."

Pestilence was about to roll her eyes and get the kid some food at least from Famine's stash until she noticed something and her body oozed into the cell.

Cupid yelped and flew straight to the farthest corner of the cell, slightly terrified. "Wh-what are you going to do me?!"

The horsewoman sat down with an assuring smile, which Cupid does not trust. "Calm down, I just want some answers." She sat down on a stone chair and rest her elbows on her knees, leaning forward as she lands her chin on the back of her intertwined fingers. "So~ who exactly let you out there to...what was it...? 'Practice your aim'?"