It's Not Love

"Okie dokie! Everything's done! Anti...or Sean...sweetheart! I'll be on my way home now! You enjoy your stay with Dark...or Mark tonight for whatever he needed to do. Make sure you come home on Sunday night! Toodles Lisa!" shouted Anti's mom as her skipped her way back home.

"Bye Heather!" Dark's mom waved goodbye to her newest best friend and closed the door. "So." she started as she turned around. "Dark told me what to do. Which isn't much at all. I dislike the fact that I do technically nothing in this situation." The woman pouted. "I just want to see the fluffy moments between you two!"

Dark sighed and palmed his forehead and eyes for the umpteenth time he stepped into this house. "Mom." He said, letting go of his face and wrap an arm around Anti. "If you would please stop rambling and be faaaaaaar away doing whatever you're supposed to do, then we can get started."

Dark's mom pouted. "Fine. Be grumpy about it. All you want is Anti. Your mom isn't worth anything anymore!" She sobbed dramatically and ran off upstairs to her room.

Dark and Anti sweatdropped. "Was she always like this?" Anti asked.

"I don't know. I wasn't developed enough to be aware at least." Dark stated.

"No, she wasn't this delusional before." Mark answered in Dark's head.

"Thanks for the info." Dark replied Mark. He then hugged Anti's waist. "Anyway, you ready, devil chops?" He asked the Irish demi-demon.

Anti sighed and closed his eyes. He nuzzled into the crook of Dark's neck, purring a bit. "Jack and I may have to talk."

"Sure, I'll be in my room. It's upstairs, last door facing the stairs at the end of the hallway." Dark informed and let go of the comforting hug, walking to his room.

Anti sat comfortably on the couch and leaned back. He grabbed a big handheld mirror and watched his reflection turn to his human half.

"I actually do have a question." Jack said. "Just what exactly is your relationship with Dark?"

"What do you mean?" Anti asked.

"Well, you two never said the actual three words to each other." Jack raised a brow. "Do you love him at all?"

Anti froze. Does he love the son of War? He thought he can answer this smoothly with all the affection they shared. Was it love? He knows what the two fathers have done to force them to like each other, yet he does not see anyone the same way he sees Dark at all. Should that be called love? What exactly is love?

"I..."

Jack tilted his head. "Can't answer that, huh?" Anti can see his human half looking at him worriedly. "What about Dark? Do you know if he loves you?"

Anti growled. "Why are you suddenly asking this?"

"After hearing mom said something about making Mark and me feel." Jack answered. "It makes me wonder if you two actually feel what you two are supposed to feel."

"Why do you care?" Anti started to feel agitated. "We weren't meant to be created anyway. Just let Mark into your world and solve this mistake!"

"Look, even if we are mistakes, we're still creatures with emotions, no matter what the fuck we are." Jack shouted back. "I worry about you not because of myself. I worry about you because you're my demon half! I can feel your overly sensitive insecurity and jealousy all the fucking time. Don't think I can't figure it out. Of course, I would start exploring on my own in our mind when I realize your existence within me! I constantly felt this growing up, knowing you're the demon half would only mean you feel worse than I do."