Deals

It is currently too late into the night and way too early to be morning. Yet, one pair of blue eyes are still wide open, one mind is still deep in thought.

Jack turned his head to look at the half naked figure sleeping next to him. Mark looks so peaceful. He sighed quietly and turned back to stare at the ceiling, tugging on a borrowed white wifebeater from Mark.

After that little encounter with Dark, Jack has been having many thoughts of how any of this is going to progress. Mark asked about what happened and whether Jack himself is ok, yet the green haired demi-demon didn't answer. He merely smiled and said, "We had a wonderful talk."

Mark seemed to have understood that Jack doesn't want to talk about it and let it go. The rest of the night spent in complete silence and ended with both demi-demons crawling in bed to sleep.

While Mark fell asleep without a care in the world, Jack stayed up, thinking over and over about what Dark had said. Should he trust Dark? Dark looked like he wanted to get everything resolved rather quickly and impatiently. Is he only using Jack? Yet, Dark did reassure him that Jack is not and will not be used like a tool. Besides, even if he does agree, what should he do? Just wait?

"Will you stop thinking? You're making me anxious here." came Anti's voice in Jack's head.

"Sorry. You looked over everything?" Jack thought back to demon half.

"Yeah," said Anti. The demon half in his mind has gone through the memories Jack had with Dark from that little encounter. "What do you think he's going to do?"

"You're not mad or anything?" Jack asked. "I thought you would be sensitive or jealous or whatever."

"Nah." Anti chuckled. "Like you said, I'm your demon half. I know what Dark is trying to do...at least I think I do." He ended with a small sigh.

"You two like each other." Jack thought.

"Actually...I've given to what you said a thought." Anti started.

"Wait, don't tell me you don't actually like him outside of the spell thing."

"No no no! I mean I do, but I don't know." Anti paused to collect his thoughts. "I do like him. Probably more than you do for him and maybe more than he does for me. I even wanna get my hands on Mark here...call me desperate, he's fucking gorgeous."

Jack laughed in his mind. "Can't deny that." He thought, turning his head to look at the sleeping figure next to him again. His eyes softened and a small smile spread across his face.

"You do know our feelings overlap, right?" Anti asked. "Even though we are two consciousness."

"Yes, I know. We are the same entity after all."

"So...what do think Mark feels for us?" Anti asked.

Jack internally sighed. "Even if Dark and Mark's feelings overlap, I don't think Mark acknowledges that he feels anything."

"Well, I know he doesn't like it when other people are flirting or trying to get to us in an overly affectionate way. He still has Dark within him. And Dark still uncontrollably likes me."

"True...but if his and Dark's feelings don't overlap...doesn't that make Mark not like us at all?"

Anti grunted, yet didn't answer Jack's question. "So...you technically just confessed that you have feelings for Dark and Mark. Dark knows. You think Mark will know?"

Jack rubbed his gauges on his earlobes out of habit. "I don't know. I want him to know. Yet at the same time, I don't want him to know. I mean I admitted that I like them. That's basically it."