Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Shut the fuck up Gabby." Noah snapped causing a frown to set upon my lips. Noah and David both looked ready to throttle me. Ignoring their murderous glares, I turned my gaze back to Elijah.

"I will go through with this and you Elijah will kindly do as I asked." I replied nodding my head confidently. Elijah tilted his head, eyeing me out with his scrutinizing gaze.

"Sit down," He said completely dismissing me. My brows knitted together. He was not taking me seriously.

"Are you listening? I want you to take me to Garrett."

"Yeah okay," I glared at him, hating how he treated me like a brainless child. Elijah continued to speak with Noah and David as if I was no longer there. I shook my head and took a seat seeing they were not going to pay me no heed.

Ruth whispered something into Elijah's ear, smiling softly. Elijah only eyed her out before turning back to the men, ignoring her entirely. His cockiness always seems to surprise me. He knew he was good looking and didn't try to hide it, if anything he use his good looks for his advantage.

"You're off again?" Elijah asked Noah.

"Yeah, there's thing I have to see to." Elijah only nodded.

Turns out both Noah and David left that night. I didn't know what to think of it. I didn't want them to leave, certainly not Noah. He was the only thing keeping me sane. Even David was good to keep my mind off things. Although he never talked to me I would still talk to him, he seemed like a good enough listener. Without them there will only be me, Elijah, and Ruth again.

"If you want, I can bake you something to take with you. How about a pumpkin pie?" I said desperately trying to buy time. Noah laughed and the corner of David's mouth twitched up ever so slightly.

"Are you trying to bribe us?" I nodded. David shook his head and ruffled my hair before grabbing his keys and leaving. Noah said his goodbyes and soon followed suit.

Not wanting to get stuck with Elijah and Ruth alone, I headed up to the library. I didn't know how long I sat there but for some reason I couldn't seem to get into what I was reading. No matter how hard I tried my mind continued to drift to Elijah. For some reason, I disliked that he was with Ruth. The thought of them alone made my stomach stir strangely.

"What are you doing?" I almost fell out of my seat at the sound of Elijah's voice. I placed a hand over my chest trying to calm down my pounding heart.

"Goodness, you could've given me a heart attack."

He raised a brow, and took a seat beside me. "Do you know what time it is?" I slowly shook my head. "It's late, lets go." He didn't wait. He grabbed my arm forcing me from my seat and all but dragged me to his room. I watched him skeptically as he pulled off his shirt and got into bed.

"Come here, I don't bite... hard." I ignored his comments and very slowly I got into bed. Elijah pulled me into his chest and nudged his face into my neck, inhaling deeply. "Your scent is so damn addictive." I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Why are you here and not with Ruth?"

Elijah removed his head from my neck. "Do you want me to be with Ruth?" I stayed silent, not having an answer. Did I want him to be with Ruth? The answer to that would be no... no, for some reason I did not want him with Ruth.

"She's going to be upset." I said instead.

"Does it look like I give a fuck if she's upset or not?" I frowned. He didn't have to be so mean about it.