Prologue

Hayden POV

Hey guys, I'm Hayden Horrendous Haddock the third. I'm sixteen years old and this is Berkly High. Great name I know. But it's not the worst.

My school.

In a word...

Awful.

Well for me anyways. It's not the school, it's the people. You see in this school I'm the, well, nobody. The Hiccup some would say. I'm always picked for my scrawny figure, nerdy looks, and lack of friends.

Oh well, at least I've got my buddy Jackson Frost. He prefers going by Jack. He's been my friend since Freshman year. He has a wild sense of fun and loves the cold. He's like a mix between the sarcastic, fun, and rebellious.

I walked into the building and went to my locker. I had some time so I read this book called 'The Book of Dragons,' when none other than Percy Black called.

Percy was your stereotypical school bully. He goes by Pitch considering that Percy isn't very intimidating. He hasn't left me alone since I first got here and he and his gang have been doing a pretty good job making high school feel like hell for me. So I've got a relentless bully, constant teasing, one friend, and a ton of work. Fun right?

"Hey Hiccup" Pitch sneered.

I turned around and took a deep breath. "What do you want?" I asked.

"Feeling a bit brave are we runt?" He added.

"Look just leave me alone" I said while walking away.

"Lemme think about that..." Pitch started while snatching my book out of my hands, "Nope!" His gang laughed as he ripped pages out of my book.

"Give it back Percy!" I exclaimed. Several students 'oooed'

He turned to me. "What did you just call me runt?!" He yelled.

Oh my Thor. And here it comes. Pitch marched up to me and punched me clean across the face. Seeing that he was the size twice of me, that punch knocked me down easily. He kicked me in the stomach when I tried getting up.

"Say that again I dare you!" He yelled. Pitch raised his fist. I closed my eyes and braced for impact, but nothing came. What? I slowly opened my eyes to see Pitch on the ground and, no way.... Astrid Hofferson standing over him?!?

Astrid was captain of the girls Volleyball team and one of the most popular people in school. She's not like those bratty popular girls who run the school like they're the queens and we're the peasants. She's kind, talented, and not to mention beautiful. Everyone wanted to be her friend.

Why in the name of Thor was she helping me?

******************************
First chapter done. Yes, I know it was short. I'll try and make the other chapters longer. This book idea was actually taken from a one shot I wrote a while back. I've figured out a plot. I'm not exactly sure how long this book will be, but I hope you enjoy it.