Ocean view reunion

It was sunrise when Blake cleared the jungle. The sound of the ocean lapping against the shore mixes with the sounds of gulls overhead broke the long silence of the jungle. Blake walks onto the beach she looks towards the incredibly sturdy looking hut where the jungle meets the beach

Odd footprints etched into the sand could be seen, large three toed clawed feet becoming smaller and thinner, finally becoming humanoid footprints heading towards the ocean

She darts her head to the side as she hears the sound of a fishing reel being cast out from a rod, and there he is. The man that should be dead. Y/n. Now it all makes sense. He didn't die to some mothman. He IS the mothman.  He doesn't turn his head to acknowledge her. Just continues fishing, his bird perched on the makeshift balcony of the hut sees her approach and gives out a screech.

*Y/n's POV*
I sigh heavily knowing who's there. Just great.
Y/n: "'get out while you still can, Adam Taurus is bad news' I believe we're my last words to you."

Blake: "yeah... I guess you did."

Y/n: "and now the white fang are considered terrorists. They're more so considered vicious animals than ever before. Beacon falls and the white fang are to blame, suddenly who do I have on my sandy doorstep but Blake Belladonna, my cheating ex turned big brothers girlfriend. Heya Blakey."

Blake: "I'm not with Adam. It was a mistake."

Y/n: "no, a mistake was letting Grace see you approaching. Come here gorgeous!"

She swoops down and perches on my shoulder, I smile warmly and scratch under her chin, the bird's feathers ruffle up and its eyes close in bliss. I revert my fishing rod into its smaller form and tuck it into my belt

Y/n: "so why are you here then? Come for forgiveness because you won't find any here. And if you've come to kill me then... well good luck is all I'm saying."

Blake: "everyone thinks you're dead. I came to find you, or at least what killed you. Turns out you're the thing people fear."

Y/n: "yeah well good. I like being left alone. No one to hassle me, I can just be alone where my semblance can't do any harm."

Blake: "I caused that... didn't I?" Blake begins walking over to me. Standing in front she tries to place a hand on the scar marks on my neck, three long talons. "I'm sorry Y/n"

I catch her wrist before she can touch my skin

Y/n: "oh don't flatter yourself. You don't get forgiveness that quickly after all you done. How many life's did you take under Adams rule? How many innocents were lost to the world because of your noble goal of equality?"
I push past her and walk towards my hut

I can hear Blake's feet in the sand following me
Blake: "wait Y/n just listen. I know I've hurt you, and I know I could never gain your trust back fully... but..."

I hover at the door handle...
Y/n: *sigh* "come in."

Blake walks in behind me and shuts the door.

Blake: "wow! This place is impressive, it's really nice."

Y/n: "well you know better than most what I can do with my hands."

Blake: "heh, yeah I do~"

I place Grace up onto her perch and place my fishing rod onto my armchair.

Y/n: "y'know you've completely forgotten another old friend you upset. Ilia."

Blake: "she's here too?"

Y/n: "yep."

Blake: "but how do you know each other? I met Ilia after you left."

Y/n: "lets's just say we have a mutual anger towards you for the same reason."

Blake: "awfully cryptic."

Y/n: "it's meant to be. She often comes to see me. She's still part of the white fang and is a total murderous psychopath but... no one's come to kill me for deserting yet so I think I'm safe with her knowing."

Grace stretches her wings and hops off her perch onto my shoulder.

Blake: "I've gotta ask, how did you befriend an osprey?"

Y/n: "it was... uhhh... maybe 8 months ago? There was an old fishing boat, covered in broken fishing nets not too far from where I was camping at the time. I found Grace trapped inside, her wings tangled in the netting, she'd been there for a while and was clearly starving. I cut her out of the nets and brought her back here. Nursed her back to health and... well she's never left. Not that I mind hey buddy?"

Grace nuzzles against my neck and chirps

Blake: "but she can make some really loud cries, if she's the one making the 'mothmans cry' her vocal cords must be incredibly powerful!"

Y/n: "well... it's partially me. I have echo location due to my semblance making me more like a bat, I can increase her pitch slightly and distort the cry as it impacts with my echo location. It works just as well as you'd expect."

Blake: "I gotta say, you really scared the hell out of me!"

Y/n: "and yet you're still here. So what brings you back to menagerie after all this time? I saw what happened on the live feed." I point to my stolen- I mean borrowed flatscreen. "Your teammate Yang is... brutal, but totally gorgeous, any chance you could give me her number? Sorry getting sidetracked, something about that fight seemed off, then suddenly everything fell into place when the next news we heard was the entire academy being attacked by the white fang and Grimm. She was tricked. Someone manipulated her mind. Not a common semblance that's for sure."

Blake: "things... happen. I've left my friends for their own good-"

Y/n: "-no, you left because you couldn't face the truth. Let me guess, my psycho brother found you?"

Blake: "yeah..."

Y/n: "and someone got hurt because of it?"

Blake: "yeah..."

Y/n: "you can tell yourself whatever lies help you sleep at night, but the truth is you ran because facing the truth is to horrible to bare. You tell yourself you do it to protect everyone but... you'll never truly forgive yourself, and you'll never seek penance for that which you have done."

Blake: "and yet I came to find you." damn that was a good answer... I start lighting the fire for warmth, turning my back to her "I'm different Y/n, I'm not that person anymore." She walks up to me and kneels down placing a hand on my cheek "let me prove it."

Her skin is as smooth as the day I felt it on my own, I remember here touch whenever I felt angry or upset, her innate ability to bring me back from the darkest of feelings, back into her waiting arms
Y/n: "I... Oum damn it if you aren't still as intoxicating as ever. I want to believe you... so much right now. Hmm... Ok, you want to prove it to me then that's what we'll do. There's a meeting of the white fang going on tonight. We're going to find out what their next move is, you down for flying with the mothman?"

Blake: "...let's do this."