Chapter 6- A mysterious case

Here's chapter 6 for you guys:)

Chapter 6

    The door burst open and Lizzie ran in “CIEELLL!!” She happily called my name out loudly as she ran up to my desk, and gave me a disappointed look. I looked up at her quizzically “Lizzie, what’s wrong?” “Why are you trapped in your study, you should be greeting your guests not sitting in here.” I realised what she meant, I had guests coming today and I wasn’t even there to greet them, this was all Sebastian’s fault. I had a flashback of how Sebastian was touching me and I could feel myself blush, I quickly stood up walking away from my desk trying to hide the blushing. I could hear Sebastian laughing a little as he followed me and Lizzie out the room.

    I arrived in the living room to find Lau and the Inspector there. I was a bit shocked to find the Inspector here and smiled, “So inspector, what seems to be the problem this time? It must be major for you to have to come all the way here.”

   The Inspector immediately turned towards me, “No I am not desperate, Phantomhive, I have simply come to give you a few details about the latest case that’s going on at the moment. I thought you might be interested in this little case.” I took a seat and looked up and the Inspector, “Well then Inspector, enlighten me.”

   The inspector took a seat and then looked at Ciel “There have been a few deaths lately that have been…odd.” Ciel looked amused at that “Odd? Whatever do you mean by odd?” The inspector looked around nervous for a moment then carried on “All the bodies of the victims have been killed horribly, as in nothing but skeletons remains of the body. There is no flesh anywhere on the body just a bunch of bones.”

    Ciel thought for a moment then looked back at the Inspector, “Seems like an interesting case, I’ll take it of your hands for you. I’m sure it will help to clear any distress that it may begin to cause the Queen.”

   The inspector stood up, “Don’t think I’ll be doing this too often, Phantomhive.” The inspector looked annoyed, but Ciel just smiled, “Please do come again, I’m sure the Queen will be impressed and so will I.” The inspector gave me an angry look and then walked out, “I’ll let myself out.” said the inspector with an angry and annoyed tone. I couldn’t help but laugh.

   “Well that was very eventful.” That made me jump a little, I forgot Lau was there, he had been so quiet I never even noticed. “Yes, well I’m always doing the work for them anyway.” I looked over at Lau who was looking back at me with concern.

   I let out a sigh and said “What’s wrong?” Lau stood and walked up beside me, which for some reason reminded me of Sebastian doing the same thing earlier on, and it sent shivers done my spine. “Young Ciel, do you really think you should be doing this kind of case?” I looked annoyed at that “Yes of course I should be! I am Ciel Phantomhive, the Queens watchdog. And I will do whatever it takes to get rid of any distress that the Queen might have.” Lau looked a little shocked at that but then smiled “You are a very loyal and trustworthy one aren’t you.” I noticed that was more of a statement then a question, so I didn’t answer.

   After Lau had finally left, followed by Lizzie who decided to give me a huge hug, I then went back up to my study to carry on with the paperwork, “Ugh, great now I’m falling behind again!” I was actually looking forward to this case that the Inspector gave me; it seemed like an interesting one.

   My thoughts were soon interrupted by a knock at the door, and then remembered about Sebastian who got me all worked up…again. “Come in.” I continued to read the paperwork and sign as Sebastian entered, “Well Master, it looks like the Inspector took a liking to you today.” Sebastian was pouring out some tea as he spoke, “Yes seems like it.”

   I was concentrating on the paperwork, “Sebastian, we need to have a discussion with this company and plan a visit, their continuously bothering me about coming to visit to arrange a deal.” I sat back in my chair relaxing a little.  Sebastian placed the cup of tea on my desk, “Yes Master. And whose company might that be?” I looked at the paperwork again, “Some company called Woodsmith Company. I think they specialise in making toys and stuff out of wood.” I wasn’t really bothered right now. “Master I suggest you rest for a little while, you seem really worn out. We can carry on with this tomorrow.” I nodded and headed for bed.