Shyness

Juvia has been waiting for too long for Gray to finally notice her efforts. Maybe it's time for her to move on from 'Gray-Sama'. But how can she when she's come this far and worked so hard? This is the short story of how Juvia learns to cope without Gray and perhaps find love elsewhere... What if Gray has to lose Juvia in order for him to realise how much she means to him?

CRASH! An anxious looking Gray toppled on top of Natsu, colliding violently into him. Recovering from dizziness, Natsu glared down at Gray whilst growling savagely. Everyone in the guild stopped and stared.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOU MORON?!" The salamander bellowed, jumping back onto his feet. Gray suddenly latched onto Natsu's shoulders and shook him vigorously.

"YOU HAVE TO HELP ME, NATSU! SHE'S COMING FOR ME!" He yelped in fear with terror filling his whole body. Natsu only stared.

"Juvia?" he asked, chuckling under his breath. The wooden doors burst open. Screaming with sheer delight, a young girl with wavy azure hair and wide ocean-blue eyes hastily charged into the guild hall.

"GRAYYYY-SAMAAAAAA!" She beamed "WAIT FOR MEEEEEEEE! "Starting to freak out, Gray clasped onto Natsu's arm and yanked him away from the scene, through the back entrance of the guild.

"OH CRAP. WE HAVE TO GO!" Gray cried, stricken with horror. Once outside by the river bank, Gray finally composed himself and brushed himself off. Once again Natsu only stared.

JUVIA'S POV:

Uh... there he goes again. Can't he just give me a chance? He knows how long i've been keeping this up so he can at least pay attention to me. i sigh deeply, noticing my eyes begin to fill with tears. Maybe i should just... stop trying. Have i been wasting all of my time? Perhaps it is time to move on, though my heart will always belong to Gray-sama. approaching me lustfully, Lyon smirks devilishly.

"Hey there Juvia-Chan," he purred "are you up to anything today? I'd love to spend some time with you." oh great... just what i need. wait, maybe it IS just what i need. I do need to move on and I know that Lyon is interested... maybe i should give him a chance. Afterall, I know what it's like to feel rejected time and time again. I stare up into his aqua eyes, smiling shyly.

"Okay i'd love to hang out with you too Lyon." I said cheerfully, quickly surveying the guild hall to see if Gray was watching. of corse he wouldn't be jealous ... he doesn't even have the decency to care.

THIRD POV:

As it turned out, Gray WAS watching the joyous pair enviously, hidden between a tower of beer barrels. "Why yo little son of a-" Gray was cut off by Natsu boisterously elbowing him to the chest.

"Remind me why we're doing this again? And may i also add, why are you involving me in this!?You and Juvia can sort out your own love issues." He bickered, glaring bitterly at his bare-chested friend. Holding back retaliation, Gray suddenly blushed and turned away from Natsu.

"I don't know what you're talking about. There's nothing going on between me and Juvia so you need to get that stupid idea outta your dense head! We're watching... I mean... observing them because I'm concerned for Lyon. The poor bastard has no idea what he's about to do." Natsu smirks and Gray grows unnerved at his devilish grin.

"Ahhh... I get it. I get it." He teased, trying desperately to hold in laughter.

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" Gray boomed, attempting to conceal his crimson blush. Natsu couldn't hold it in any longer. The dragon slayer busted out laughing until his sides ached, attracting the attention of Erza who was perched on the bench closest to them, her cheeks stuffed with buttermilk frosting.