Amplified

Summary: For forty-eight hours, Gray is able to hear Juvia's thoughts, no thanks to a scheming, conniving, dubious witch.

Gray should have seen something like this coming. Okay, maybe he wouldn't have been able to see it coming, but he should have known better than to actually trust a stranger's words, especially those of a creepy, dubious witch he met in a deserted hut tucked in the corner of a forest while on a job.

He should never have drunk that potion as an added "reward" for his job. It could have been poison for all he knew.

"Gray-sama, what do you think of Juvia's new dress?"

"It's nothing compared to your beauty, Juvia. You're so gorgeous; I can't hold my feelings in any longer. Let's get married!"

Gray blanched. Maybe it would have been better if the potion actually was poison. It'd be better than listening to this for the next... forty-seven hours.

Of course, it'd be easier if the water mage would stop following him around and stay outside a radius of one kilometer around him just for a day. If she could manage that, then he wouldn't have to put up with this until the effects of the potion wore off.

"Gray-sama! Juvia has something to show you!" The ice mage feigned ignorance and focused his eyes on the glass of ice he had in his hands. His grip on it tightened when he felt two gentle fingers lightly tap his shoulder. He tried to ignore it, but then she tapped him again, this time with more urgency.

Stiffly, he turned around to see the water mage beaming at him.

"What is it?"

"J-Juvia was just wondering, what do you think of her new dress?" she asked, twirling to let him see the flowing sky blue summer dress that she was wearing. It was sleeveless, and had ruffles at the ends of the dress that fell at her mid-thigh, showing off a good amount of creamy, soft skin that he appreciated.

But that appreciation was quickly returned with a mental slap.

"It's not... bad," he said after a while, looking away.

The woman squealed, making him cringe and resist the urge to cover his ears. "You really think so? You think Juvia looks good in it?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Juvia is so happy!" She suddenly threw her arms around his neck, making him shriek in alarm when he found his face being smothered by her formidable assets. "With this, Juvia is one step closer to getting Gray-sama to fall in love with her, and then soon we'll be getting married!"

The man's eyes nearly popped out of his sockets. Things escalated way too quickly in her fantastical world. He was about to push her away when she abruptly let go of him and bounded towards Erza who was sitting at a table with Lucy, much to his relief.

"You were right! Gray-sama said this dress looks nice on Juvia!" she exclaimed loudly, throwing her arms around Erza and Lucy at the same time in glee.

He sighed wearily, taking another gulp of iced water. But despite himself, he couldn't help but chuckle at her flushed face. Somehow, the littlest things could make her so happy. In that white dress, flashing that gorgeous, heavenly smile, she almost resembled an angel... An angel without wings, at that.

He quickly jerked himself out of his thoughts. What was he thinking?

"What should Juvia do to make Gray-sama fall in love with her? Maybe we should go on another job again? Hmm... Maybe if we fight together, Juvia can take off her shirt like Gray-sama does, but then Juvia will have to wear something sexier... Perhaps Lucy-san would have something to lend me..."