IX

Two Months Later

"Camila, five minutes!" yells the assistant stage director as he whizzes passed the dressing room and Camila hums to herself at the sense of déjà-vu engulfing her senses. It seems like a lifetime ago she's been in this situation before. Although that fateful night brought terrible memories, there was nothing Camila could do about it anymore. The scar on her right chest where the bullet hit will always be a reminder of the intense pain she had endured. But she's not one to dwell on it. After all, the situation brought something good in her life.

And that good comes in a form of a beautiful woman with strikingly mesmerizing planet green eyes currently entering the dressing room the Latina singer is in with a huge smile on her practically perfect features.

"Hey, Camz," Lauren smiles widely as she walks to Camila's chair and presses a soft peck on her cheek. Camila pouts as she was expecting a kiss on her lips, to which the green-eyed girl only laughs at. "No can do babe," Lauren says as if already guessing what the brunette was pouting about. "I don't want your make-up artist to kill me for smudging your lipstick."

Camila rolls her eyes and huffs out a breath. She really wanted Lauren to kiss her as the girl had been MIA all day while they were doing last-minute soundchecks at this LA venue. She had asked the green-eyed girl where she had been but all she got from her girlfriend were vague answers and slight change of topic.

Oh yes, didn't Camila tell you already? Lauren is her girlfriend now for about half a year...and she is freaking out over it still. Lauren is officially her girlfriend and she has no plan on breaking up with her again in the near nor far future. They have been through hell and back and Camila doesn't want to lose her ever again.

In fact, the small velvet box she's been carrying for two weeks now has never felt heavier in her bag. She had always wanted to give it to Lauren for a while now but timing is key. She wouldn't want to do something about it without planning it thoroughly first.

Which is why Camila is so glad that this tour is now coming to an end. Now she can already get her hands on the plan to surprise Lauren.

"Where were you off to this time?" Camila tries to be as subtle as possible as she watches Lauren place her phone and earphones down on the dresser in front of her. The brunette inwardly smiles as the screen of Lauren's phone lights up and the "Camila" album on Spotify flashes on the screen, indicating that her Lolo had been listening to her songs while she was off to God knows where. She's so adorable Camila just wanna melt every time.

"Just around," Lauren shrugs and flashes Camila a small grin, to which the brunette squints my eyes at. What is this girl up to?

She was about to ask Lauren to elaborate when one of the crew members enters the dressing room telling her to meet the band and dancers in the hallway for a quick huddle. "This isn't over, Jauregui." She points at the green-eyed girl and kisses her cheek soundly, making sure to leave a kiss mark on it as some sort of retaliation for keeping secrets from her. Hah! Goodluck getting rid of that stain off your cheek, Camila tells herself as she walks out of the dressing room, a chuckling Lauren hot on her heels.

The brunette doesn't notice the secretive glances exchanged by her girlfriend and her guitarist Ashlee as they make their way to the huddle.

"Okay, guys. This is it," Camila grins at her band and dancers as they form a circle on the hallway backstage, the sound of the crowd screaming in anticipation only pumping them up even more. "I love every single one of you and I'm proud of everything we've been through." Camila makes sure to make eye contact with every single one of her band, dancers and a few crew members as her girlfriend--damn, she'll never get used to saying that--watches them from the sidelines.