Epilogue

Author's Note: I know this short fic already says "COMPLETED" in the title but the idea of putting an epilogue came to me so here it is, kids..

***************

"For the last time, Walz," Dinah groans and makes a face, "stop fussing with your bouquet. You'll pluck all them petals off."

Camila exhales and tries her best to keep her now sweaty hands gripping properly around the handle of the bouquet of white roses. Dinah sighs and nods slightly before walking back to the other side of the room, seemingly convinced that Camila wouldn't kill the flowers and tear them to pieces while her back is turned.

A small crash can be heard from outside the room and Camila's head perks up, her chest thudding loudly. Oh no, what now?

I knew it, she groans internally, everything's falling apart!

"I'm just gonna check what it was," Normani offers and stands up from the couch, smoothing down her pastel chiffon dress. She casts a reassuring smile towards Camila before exiting the room, closing the door behind as she goes to check out the source of the ruckus.

"Mila, relax, okay?" Ally says softly as she places a hand on Camila's shoulder, squeezing it gently. The mother hen must've sensed the brunette's nervousness that she wants to calm her down as much as possible, which is proving to be somewhat futile as the Camila's heart is still pounding inside her ribcage, each thundering beat doing nothing to ease her nerves, even more reminding her that this moment is real. That this is real life.

Dinah walks back towards Camila, the heels of her stilettos making obnoxious clicking sounds across the hardwood floors.

Camila and Ally turn to look at Dinah as the tall Polynesian thrusts a glass at Camila and the brunette's eyes widen, looking at the dark liquid inside it.

"Are you kidding me, Dinah?" Ally hisses at the tall blonde, but the woman only shrugs casually, still holding the glass up. "It might help calm her nerves--"

Camila snatches the glass before both women could react and holds it against her lips. Here goes... she says to herself as she knocks the liquor back in one huge gulp. She regrets it instantly as soon as the acrid taste of the alcohol slides down her throat, leaving a burning sensation all over her mouth.

Shit, why did I do that?! She scolds herself.

"Damn, Chancho," Dinah chuckles as Ally just looks at Camila wide-eyed, not expecting the brunette to drink the alcohol Dinah offered her.

Camila continues to cough and splutter, feeling the heat now settling in her stomach, making her feel warm all over instantly. "W-What was t-that?" She chokes slightly.

"Johnny Walker; black," Dinah responds casually. Ally looks at Dinah incredulously and the blonde shrugs in response. "What?" She asks, "that's all they have in the minibar right there," she thumbs back to the small mini fridge near the dresser.

As the two talk, Camila gulps the rest of the contents down the moment her now burnt taste buds have gotten used to the bitter taste of the alcohol, and she lets out another series of coughing sounds. It might burn her throat but she needs all the courage she can get...even if it comes in liquid form.

Ally's eyes widen. "Mila!"

"That's like one and a half mini bottles I put in there, by the way," Dinah says, and Ally just shook her head, typing something on her phone although the tall blonde knows the smaller woman is just restraining herself from facepalming and ultimately ruining her own makeup. That or Ally is just resisting to snap at her, which would still be understandable as Dinah herself didn't expect Camila to gulp the contents of the glass down like a thirsty camel in the desert.