Chapter 7

Chapter 7

We played a whole lot of different games. Every so often, I would win but most of the time Gabe came out the winner. The kiss remained unspoken but we returned to normal with an ease that I didn't expect.

"Best out of three?" Gabe asked as he pointed to a goal scoring game.

"I'm crap at shooting hoops. You know that."

"C'mon, don't be a spoil sport." The cutest pout filled his features.

"Fine."

I headed over to the area but stopped when Gabe grabbed my hand. Turning to him, I saw an expression on his face that seemed to be a combination of longing, need and a heat that engulfed me with tingles.

"Um, what is it?" I asked.

He said nothing but he ran his fingers through mine. The soft stroke of his large hand against mine made my heart start to race again. Hand in hand, he led me over to the game in slow stroll.

"Still going for best out of three?" I peered up at him to ask.

"Yep, and you're going to lose." He tapped my nose and turned to the game.

"If I lose you have to win me something awesome because otherwise that's a lousy date."

"I'll get you something awesome, you don't need to worry about that," the smile he gave me made my knees go weak. "You're going to start."

The balls to throw in the hoop fell down into the trough in front of me. I stared at them and sighed. I was getting tired of losing today but I knew I couldn't win this against him.

"I can't do this." I turned to complain.

"You can," he moved me back around and his hands stayed on my waist. "Pick up the ball, Bear." He whispered in my ear and I couldn't stop the shiver that ran through me.

Having him so close to me had to be one of the most stimulating things I'd ever experienced. When he touched me now it didn't feel like a friends touch and it hadn't since that kiss.

"Pick it up."

At his command, I reached for one of the basketballs. As I did, his fingers slid under my shirt. Having his warm fingers against my bare skin made me gasp. He was so darn stimulating, thrilling and when those fingers moved, a sensuous shiver slid down my spine.

"Now shoot." He leaned down, left a kiss behind my ear and I couldn't breathe.

I went through the motions and lobbed the ball into the air. Truthfully, I didn't care if it made it in or not. I'd already won, just by having Gabe's hands and lips on me.

"Pick up the next one." His voice seemed to deepen.

I reached for the next ball and wondered if Gabe would do the same thing to me again. This time, he placed one hand on my bare back and the other against my stomach. When I went to shoot the ball, his lips sucked against my neck. My knees crumpled beneath me but his hands kept me upright.

I wanted... I wanted more. The need to face him and kiss those beckoning lips of his only kept growing. I went to move but he wouldn't let me.

"Pick up the next one." He only had to whisper the words and I heard him above all the other noise.

"Gabe." My voice made an odd creaking sound.

"Do it, Bear."

I bent down to pick up the ball and this time, his hands landed on my shoulders. As I stretched to throw the ball, his hands slid down my sides, back up again and parted my hair. This time, he left a bite on the back of my neck.