26. Nearly Three AM

"Wait, what? Seriously? You mean this isn't a joke?" You whispered staring at him in awe. He nodded with a playful grin. It was nearly three a.m. and your eyes were welling up with tears. Maybe the night was making you emotional, but you began to cry nonetheless.

"Whoa, wait [y/n] I'm sorry I- I thought that..." Keith began to apologize, eyes wide and in fear he'd done something wrong again. You shook your head and whipped your eyes but tears kept rolling down your cheeks. "I never thought someone would want me." You explain between sobs.

Keith was shocked into silence. How could someone as beautiful as you not be wanted? How was that even a thought in your mind? He wasn't very good in these situations, he'd never really needed to comfort someone before. But he did know how he comforted himself.

He didn't say a word, just hugged you tightly to his chest. It was nearly three a.m. and you were draped in Keith's shirt, crying your eyes out after he'd asked you to be his girlfriend. And he wasn't thinking about anything else besides the fact that he wanted to get to know you- to help and protect you. He didn't love you yet, as true feelings take time to build. But he could, he could love you. And he'd love loving you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      In the morning the two of you decided not to tell the team for a little bit, at least until things settled down. So, Keith took his shirt back, and crept out of your room. You told him you'd meet up with him later.

      While the team practiced handling their lions, you dug through the Castle's library. Mostly you read about what the Alteans were like, and their customs.

After awhile you checked the time and is was around lunchtime so you left to hunt down the team. As you curiously wondered the castle, Coran spotted you.

"Hello, little Altean."

"Hey, Coran. Have you seen the team?"

"Oh they followed the locals to meet them. Are you going to join in?"

"Yep, thanks Coran."