E P I L O G U E

"You sure you've got everything?" Arwen asked for the third time that morning.

I sighed while saddling Thorin. "Yes, mom and yes, after I have brought the Hobbits home, I will stay in Rivendell for a while to get to know Elrond, Elrohir and Elladan."

Arwen smiled happily at me. "They will love you."

I grinned. "Yeah, I'm sure you have mentioned that too."

She rolled her eyes and made way so that I could lead Thorin outside.

Gandalf and the hobbits were already waiting for me and I saw Legolas and Gimli talking with Aragorn.

Aragorn turned around when he heard me approaching and smiled. "Ah, Gwen, Legolas and Gimli will also accompany you."

My face lit up, happy I didn't have to say goodbye to Legolas, and Gimli grinned, making me go red.

I gave Arwen and Aragorn a long hug.

"I'll come back when you call me, no need to say goodbye," I told them.

Aragorn put his arm around Arwen and smiled when I mounted Thorin. "We know," Aragorn said.

I bowed slightly and moved Thorin towards the gate, following Gandalf and the Hobbits.

Legolas and Gimli rode up beside me, Gimli happily because he had a pony for himself, and Legolas smiled lovingly at me.

We arrived at the Shire a month later. We had taken things slow and I was about to open the door, but I hesitated.

This was my home, it always was. But I was sure that Aragorn wanted for me to live in Gondor.

I just couldn't.

Home will always be Bag End for me.

"Gwen?" Frodo asked behind me. "Is something wrong?"

"I can't," I told him. "Bag End will always be my home. Oh Frodo, how am I to live in Gondor?"

He smiled kindly at me. "I'm sure Aragorn doesn't mind if you travel a lot. You can always visit or stay for a while."

I smiled down at him.

"Thanks brother."

He opened the door and I turned to Gimli and Legolas who looked around in curiosity.

"Welcome to my home, my friends, please, come in."

Gimli looked around in awe and I leaded him to the fireplace. "Sixty-one years ago, your father and the Company of Thorin Oakenshield was gathered here," I told him. I pointed at the map on the wall. "That's the map he used to retake Erebor."

Gimli's eyes sparkled and I let him alone with his thoughts, smiling to myself. I walked towards Legolas, who had to bow to come in.

"Nice place you have," He said and I smiled. "Thank you."

I looked out of the window, seeing the small children playing with each other on the hills and smiled.

I was home.