v. council of elrond

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚
*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚
+*:ꔫ:*﹤ 𝙶𝚆𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙻𝚈𝙽 ﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚
.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER FIVE ━ council of elrond

CHAPTER FIVE council of elrond

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DAYS PASSED AND SOON ENOUGH, IT WAS TIME FOR THE COUNCIL. Gwendolyn pulled on a light blue dress and matching slippers before braiding her hair back. Her hand hovered over her dagger, but decided against taking it with her. They would be safe here in Rivendell.

Gwen left her chambers and made her way to where the council was being held. She entered the small circular courtyard and saw that both Aragorn and Frodo were already there together with Gandalf. While Frodo and Gandalf sat together, Aragorn sat on the other side of the courtyard. For a moment, Gwen did not know where to sit. Should she sit next to her brother or next to her father?

Fortunately Frodo had seen her and was waving her over, making the choice easy for her. She sat down next to her brother and watched as the other arrived. She recognized the elf that she had met in the hall and he gave her a nod together with a small smile which she returned. Next came the dwarves who didn't seem particular happy to see the elves. Lastly a couple of men arrived, sitting down next to Aragorn.

"Strangers from distant lands . . . friends of old," Lord Elrond began, as soon as everyone sat down. "You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it." His blue eyes darted to every single one of them. "Each race is bound to this fate . . . this one doom . . ."

Elrond turned his head to look at Frodo. "Bring forth the ring, Frodo."

Frodo stood up, stepped forward and settled the ring onto the stone plinth. Once the ring was visible, one of the men gasped.

"So it's true!" he said.

"Sauron's ring!" the elf Gwen had met before exclaimed. "The ring of power!"

"The doom of men!" one of the dwarves said grimly.

"It is a gift . . . a gift to the foes of Mordor!" the man who had gasped said. "Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, held the forces of Mordor at bay . . . by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy . . . let us use it against him!"