The incessant buzzing of Lauren's phone cuts her from her thoughts. She sighs. She really can't deal with anybody right now.

She pulls her phone out of her pocket, about to turn it off completely when she sees the caller ID. She decides to accept the call and puts her phone against her ear.

"Yo, 'sup?" A deep voice reverberates from the other line, making Lauren smile a little at the caller's drawled out voice. She can already picture how high he must be right now, and to be honest, she's a little bit jealous.

"Hey Ty," she greets back softly, bringing her free hand to her face and gently pinches the bridge of her nose. She can feel an impending headache coming and there's no way she can stop it.

"Heard you stormed out of an interview," he says and Lauren fights back a sigh. One thing she loves and hates about Ty, is that he doesn't believe in small talk; when he wants to talk about something, he goes for it immediately. "That was whack, man. You coulda seriously gotten into trouble with them contracts and shit."

"I know," Lauren sighs and closes her eyes. "I didn't know what came over me." That is a lie, for she knows exactly what came over her.

"Oh, but you did," seems like Ty read her thoughts. Lauren chuckles humorlessly. Of course he knows her better than a lot of people now. With all the bullshit happening lately, only him and a few other people in their circle of friends that society calls 'potheads' continued to have her back. Despite their not-so-stellar reputation when it comes to certain things, Lauren can't deny the fact that Ty and their friends have become her rock lately.

"Look Laur," Ty says seriously when Lauren doesn't respond, "I know the thing about Camila is messed up, but you know you can't just walk out of an interview for no reason--"

"Camila is awake."

Lauren doesn't know why she just told Ty, but she's tired of everything, and she needs someone to vent to. "I walked out because I had to go to the hospital."

"Oh," he responds in a voice that makes him sound like he is on his merry way to dreamland, drawing out his 'o' sound. Fuck, how high is he? "So, how is she?"

"I wouldn't really know," Lauren shrugs and absently kicks the pebble on the pavement, watching it roll away from her, "I bolted out before we could even talk."

"What? Why? Don't tell me you chicken out?"

"No," Lauren frowns. She isn't a chicken. She's far from it--okay, maybe she is a little. "I just don't feel like I'm needed there."

"Laur--"

"Her boyfriend is there, okay!" She snaps defensively, gripping her phone tight with her one hand and cradling her forehead with her free one. She sighs afterwards. Ty didn't do anything wrong to deserve being snapped at, but she just can't bring herself to apologize. She can't bring herself to care about anything right now.

"Lemme guess, you're hiding out somewhere right now, amirite?" Ty chuckles, and Lauren sucks air in between her teeth. She doesn't need any of this shit right now.

He must've sensed her annoyance because he sobers up, "Look, Laur. I know that you think Camila doesn't need you anymore or some'n now that she has this skinny ass white boy all over her," Lauren can't help but smile at his attempt to make her feel better, "but you're Lauren fucking Jauregui, man. You don't easily back down on a battle without a fight, do you?"

Lauren exhales, "No.."

"Damn straight," Ty quips and Lauren knows he's smiling on the other end of the call. "Now get that pasty ass of yours back up and go get your girl."