Chapter 1: THE CAMPUS PRINCESS

❇❇❇

"Ladies and gentlemen! This is the moment that we are all waiting for. The announcement of the Top Ten of the graduating class for the first quarter. The students who ace their subjects and studious enough to make it to the top. Are you ready to know who they are?" ma'am Vanessa asked vibrantly.

Napuno ng hiyawan at masigabong palakpakan ang buong gym nang dumako na sa fourth year ang announcement of honors. It was ma'am Vanessa Bridgerton, our adviser, who is lively speaking on the rostrum of the stage.

Tinawag niya isa-isa ang mga honors hanggang sa top one na ang babanggitin niyang pangalan.

The students became wild as they shouted my name. There were loud cheers all over the gym.

"Yes, you are right! This quarter's top one is Syden Claui Verrazano!" ma'am Vanessa excitedly announced as she agreed with the students.

I know it's me. This is the fruit of my sleepless nights and haggard days. For four long years, I was the top one of the class and to make it clear I am not doing this because my parents pressured me but because I set my standard for myself that the future Syden Claui Verrazano would thank me for.

I smiled at ma'am Vanessa while walking onto the stage. Just when I reached my place, my friend Quentin gave me a high five that says how happy he is with our class ranks. By the way, he is the top two of the class so he is standing right next to me.

"Wow! You're not a campus princess for nothing." he commented.

"I know right!" I replied as I winked at him.

"The boys from different year levels will surely fall for you all over again and I'm the number one on the list." he chuckled.

"Stop kidding me, Quentin! You know my priorities." I remarked.

"Yeah, kidding aside. When can I ever beat the famous and brainy campus princess Syden Claui Verrazano?" he asked while still chuckling.

"In your dreams, Quentin." I joked.

Naputol ang pag-uusap naming dalawa nang muling magsalita si ma'am Vanessa.

"Once again, let's give the top ten a warm applause!" she said.

Muli na namang napuno ng masigabong palakpakan ang buong gym.

"Thank you, honors! You may now exit." she added.

"Congratulations, Claui!" sigaw ng isang third year student nang makababa kami sa stage.

Sumunod naman ang mga kaklase niyang bumati pati na rin ang mga nasa ibang section at year levels.

"Thank you!" nakangiting sagot ko sa kanila.

"Congrats, Claui. When will you accept my love?" pabirong wika ng kakambal ni Quentin na si Quincy nang makarating kami sa aming section.

Unlike Quentin who is vying for honors, Quincy is just a typical student who is contented for being in the first section. He is good in art though and he is the famous Art Club President.

"I am the first on the list in case you forget." sagot naman ni Quentin habang tinatapik ang balikat ng kakambal.

"Woah! Being the second honor won't give you the privilege to be her number one suitor." Quincy protested.