~Realization Pt. 1~

~1983~

I picked up my bag and walked into Michael's trailer. I peaked around the room and saw no one in sight. I sighed in relief as I walked in and collapsed onto the couch.

I felt my back relax and crack as I fell deeper into the cocoon of the cushions.

       "Being a personal assistant is harder than I thought," I mumbled as I rested my head back against the couch.

       "Three years and I'm still not used to it," I laughed out. I proceeded to close my eyes with full intent to take a short 10 minute power nap but soon I was shocked from my comatose state when the door flung open.

I shot out of my seat and grabbed my bag from the floor. Lucky for me my bag spilled some of its contents like the breath mints and tons of coins.

I mentally chastised myself as I began picking up the coins.

       "I'm so sorry, I swear I was not taking a n...," I looked up at the person who had entered and sighed again in relief.

       "Thank god it's just you Ola," I breathed out as I stood up. She leaned against the door frame and burst out laughing.

       "OH MY GOD YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE!" She cried out in a fit of laughter. I rolled my eyes at her.

       "Yeah, yeah, yeah you know a girl needs her beauty sleep," I joked waving her off with a laugh. Her laughter soon trailed off and she walked up the trailer steps and took a seat in my previous spot.

       "So what are you doing here anyway?" She asked me in a soft voice. I looked up to her as I walked over to the cabinets in the small kitchen.

       "I could ask you the same question, missy," I joked and she shook her head at me. I laughed lightly.

       "I'm getting Michael his daily dose of M&Ms, how about you?" I questioned as I pulled a small bowl out from the cabinet. I reached into my bag and pulled out a large bag of M&Ms from it.

       "Not surprised," Ola spoke. "I was looking for Michael because we're practicing for our scene, John told me he might be in here." She said, getting up from the couch and walking over to me. I opened up the M&M bag and began to pour some into the bowl.

       "But all I found was you getting your 'beauty rest' on the couch," She laughed and grabbed a handful of the M&Ms from the bag.

       "Hey! Those gotta last me all day," I said, shaking my finger at her. She laughed as she ate.

       "You think all that won't last?" She questioned me. I scoffed with a playful smile on my face.

       "That boy loves his M&Ms." I spoke. She looked at me and rolled her eyes but I knew she agreed.

       "But anyways, how's rehearsal going so far?" I questioned. "Any hot, young, male dancers that caught your eye?" I spoke, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

       "Girl, you forget, I'm not a dancer for this," She spoke. "So sadly no." She gave a pout and we laughed.

       "But rehearsals are good, but damn does that boy go on and on about Brooke Shields," She breathed out.

My breath hitched.

I had heard about Michael's 'thing' going on with Brooke, but I never heard really much of anything other than a few appearances they made together. I couldn't help it. My heart broke.

I had been with Michael for three years, helping him and Quincy. I'd gotten to know him and soon enough fell for him. Hard. But from what I could see, to him, I was like a little sister.