nightmares or memories

*Trigger warning*

"You like this don't you, you're just like your fucking mother!" His thrusting was brutal. It felt as if I was being split in two with a heated knife.

I was sobbing loudly, I couldn't breathe. My eyes were starting to blur, I could feel myself about to blackout.

"Please stop, Please!" I was screaming so hard my throat felt raw.

He grabbed my underwear that was beside us and shoved them in my mouth. I could taste the throw up that was threatening to spew if he didn't take them out.

I tried my best to hold it in, knowing he'd hurt me more if I didn't. Sadly, luck just wasn't on my side tonight.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You disgusting fucking bitch!" He punched my jaw so hard I could see stars.

My eyelids slowly started shutting, then everything went black.

________

Sapphire woke up screaming bloody murder. She felt unsafe, scared. She crawled as quickly as she could to the nearest corner so she could see every angle of the room.

Suddenly the door burst open, Riker barges in looking around worriedly. Finally his eyes land on Sapphires shaking form.

"Sapphire? You're okay sweetheart, you're safe." He made small cautious steps towards her.

"It was just a nightmare love, everything is okay." He doesn't realize that the nightmare was actually a memory.

Sapphire just takes peaks at him. He has his arms out, she can't resist the feeling of wanting to be in them.

She shocks him when she runs up and wraps her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly as she sobs.

Riker rubs her back soothingly, wrapping her legs around his torso so he can pick her up.

"Would you feel better if i slept with you?" He feels as though he's coming on too strong, but he just wants her to feel safe and comfortable.

Sapphire nods her head against his neck with no hesitation. She's not sure why she trusts him so much, she just has this feeling, like he'd never let anything harm her.

He takes her back over to the bed and lays her down, letting go so he can change his clothes. Sapphire immediately panics thinking that he's leaving. She whimpers loudly as her body still shakes.

"I'm just going to go change, I will be right back, okay?"

She reluctantly nods her head, wishing he'd just stay beside her. Riker rushes to change his clothes, not wanting her to feel anymore uneasy than she already does.

He throws on a t-shirt with some boxes and walked back into the room towards the bed. He slowly gets in, pulling Sapphires back against his chest, his arms wrapped around her torso.

"Is this okay with you?" He ask softly, not wanting to overstep any boundaries.

She answers by nodding gently, taking her small hands to hold onto his arms, snuggling into his warmth.