panic

When Sapphire woke up her first reaction was to panic. She ripped the IV out of her arm, ignoring the pain and blood as she tried to make it to the door.

She was almost there, just a few more steps. Right before she could open the door Riker opened it, catching her when she tried to run. Sapphires only thought was that she need to get the fuck out of this hospital. There were too many people, she didn't like it.

Officer Reynolds was trying to calm her down, and regardless of how safe he made her feel, her fear out weighed that.

He had no choice but to get a nurse to sedate Sapphire.

________

A few hours later Sapphire starts to wake up, but this time her arms are restrained. As she begins to panic Riker cautiously but quickly walks over to her.

"Hey, hey, hey, I need you to breathe for me sweetheart." He tells her softly.

She tries to slow her breathing as best as possible, but her hands still shake like leaves in the wind. Her big brown doe eyes shine with fear as she looks at the restrains. He gently unfastens them. A small ounce of her feeling better with them off.

"That's it. Just calm down, can you do that for me kitten?"

Sapphire never takes her eyes off of him as she nods her head the slightest bit. She flinches when she hears the door to her hospital room open, the moment she had with Riker vanishing.

"Hello miss King, my name is Doctor Hunt. I would just like to ask you some questions." He states nicely.

Riker looks at her to gauge her reaction, and he can tell by the look in her eyes that she won't be telling them anything.

The doctor starts to ask questions, yet Sapphire just lays there. Her hands shaking, her eyes on Officer Reynolds.

Riker looks over at Doctor Hunt.

"Hey Doc, do you think we can lay off on the questions for a bit. I think she just needs a minute to breathe."

Doctor Hunt seems hesitant to stop questioning her, "Can we talk outside Officer Reynolds?"

Riker nods and sends Sapphire a reassuring glance as he leaves the room. She shoots him a terrified one in return, looking around as if something is going to jump out at her.

"Everything is going to be fine, nothing will harm you. I promise."

Sapphire doesn't like how he made a promise that he can't necessarily keep. Nonetheless she nods her head as an okay for him to leave.

"Have you figured out where she'll be staying?"

"She hasn't been comfortable with anyone touching her and she doesn't talk, I don't think putting her in foster care would be for the best." Riker expresses his thoughts.

"How about you? She seems to look at you for reassurance and comfort, you might be her only shot at not going into the system."

Riker sighs as he thinks the situation over.

darknessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें