Chapter 10 : On A Positive Note

Start from the beginning

Then the door of the conference room opened and Dad and Uncle Ric came inside along with other board members. We all greeted each other. I saw Uncle Ric looking surprised when he saw us sitting in the room and talking, he then looked at Elena and gave her a smile to which she gave an arrogant nod that made him laugh. I have no idea what all that was for so I didn't let my mind wander because at the moment focussing in the meeting is more important than figuring that out.

The meeting commenced and Uncle Ric announced to everyone that Elena and I are going to work in this project as a team. There was a round of applause for us, and everyone seemed okay with the idea. He gave a little speech about how he and Dad plans it to be. And then, it was our turn to say something about the project. Dad asked Elena to go first, she looked hesitant but she did anyway.

Her presentation was impressive. It looked she has given her heart and soul in preparing it. She just took few pointers from my report. Definitely, not wanting to take up credit for my work. But, Hers's been no less. Everyone clapped for her when she was done. It was now my turn and I was prepared. Uncle, Dad and other board members and Elena too, looked impressed. It took almost two hours for the meeting to be over, Everything went well though. Dad and Uncle Ric were happy.

"I think we are going to impress Mr Johanson with just this presentation, It that good. I am happy both of you are so eager for this project. It shows on your work and in such a short time" Dad praised Elena and Me.

"I agree, now let's see what Mr Johanson has to say about it" Uncle Ric said, as we came out of the conference room. He shaked hands with me and said "Good work, Damon"

"Thank you, I hope I live upto the expectations with the project" I replied.

"I am sure you would" He said and then he put his hands on Elena's shoulder lovingly and praised her. She was ecstatic. It showed on her face, how much his appreciation means to her. Somehow, I can understand now,her reason to be annoyed with me yesterday. She needed to prove her calibre through this project. But, I really didn't knew that or I wouldn't had offered working on it. Anyways, now we are a team and we fared well. I am sure we will do our best and she can still achieve what she wanted.

We dispersed to our rooms and for the rest of day I was busy instructing the decorators of how I want my room to be. Checking out reports on Johanson's Market share and their growth rate, to be prepared for the meeting with him tomorrow. His being impressed mattered more, now.

Around 5 PM.

A knock on the door. My head shot up and I was almost stunned to see Elena coming in. My surprise knew no bounds but I hold back my reaction because I didn't wanted to give away my emotions. She smiled as I asked her to have a sit. She was carrying some files with her, with she kept on my desk, as she sat on the chair.

"These are the files on Johanson's project which we had been working on uptil now. You must read through them to be prepared to face the man himself tomorrow." Elena said, glancing up at me. A but of mischief in her tone.

My lips twisted as I tried to hide my smile and said "Thoughtful of you. Thank you"

"Returning the favour , Damon. I don't keep dues" She said with a slight wink.

My God! She is making me crazy by being like this. She looked so cute doing that I really had to fight the urge of googling at her, or I know she will feel annoyed and this change in her , would be gone. She is trying to be good with me so we able to work as a team, I have to try harder to stop myself from staring at her. It's a tough thing for a man to not able to look and appreciate a beautiful Girl. Especially, if that girl is Elena. But I have to try. He chuckled as he promised that to himself, knowing it wouldn't last. But has not some wise person said that "Promises are meant to be broken."