Chapter 10 : On A Positive Note

"Occasionally confronted, with a struggle,

Countless emotions, simultaneously juggle.

Sometimes I win, sometimes I fail,

No matter what, there's always a tale."

- Anita

Damon's P.O.V

"Hello, Elena" I said as I saw her entering the conference room, where I had been preparing for the upcoming meeting since I came around Half-an-hour ago. I would have came early but I had to pick up the Interior designer and I got delayed.

Elena was suspiciously looking at me, her eyes wearing a questioning look but yet she smiled...tried to actually...it was a forced smile, as she came to sit on the opposite side, saying "Good Afternoon, Damon"

No, No Handshakes!

I looked at my watch, not sure of the time. "Oh, it's already past 12" I exclaimed and she nodded at me, looking at me and trying to suppress her smile at the way I looked at the watch and confirmed what she already knew.

Ofcourse, it's past 12, that is why she is here because the meeting is to start right at 12:30.

I didn't knew what I found most funny. My confirming the obvious or the way she smiled at me that made me feel silly. But I liked the way she smiled, like a child who caught an adult doing something funny. "Good Afternoon, to you as well" I said, in my lopsided smile as I looked at her bright and excited face.

Her excitement is appealing, stating clearly how much dedicated she is for this project. She started going through her file and that gave me an opportunity to look at her. Dressed in whit silk shirt and a black fitted knee-length skirt, hair made up into a tight pony-tail, she looked every inch of a serious lady she intends to portray. And quite Professional. My thoughts went back to last night, when she asked me to not stare at her, immediately my eyes went down to my report.

Man! I can be obedient too. That made me give a smirk... And a low voice escaped my throat which made her look at me. We both looked at exam other together. Our eyes holding each other's just for a moment when she broke the spell by saying : "Something Funny?"

Oh yes. I just realised I can be obedient! Ofcourse, I didn't tell her that.

"I just remembered something" I said and she gave a quizzical glare to which I said "Nothing relevant, Sorry" I apologized giving a silly look.

She folded her lips and tried to hide her smile at my expression and lowered her gaze. I directed my eyes to my project report again.

Elena, You are a distraction...and a beautiful one and I don't mind being distracted. I had been sitting here for past hour and been focussing on preparing myself for the interview but Her presence changed the course of my mind. It no longer can focus. I wonder what is happening to me?

She then looked at me again "Damon" She said softly and my name from her lips coming out so softly gave rise to some un-settling thought.

Get a grip on yourself mind, I am at work! I reminded myself.

"Thank you for the reports. It was very thoughtful of you." She said giving me a polite smile.

"If we are going to work as a team then best would be we keep ourselves and each other updated, that would help in smooth working. Right?" I said.

"True, I agree. Well, the report is quite informative."

I looked at her. Compliment for my work? Not Bad, Elena! I smiled : "Thank you"