Chapter 8 : No Pain, No Gain

"I thought it was easy, but here i know,

Nothing is for real, as it tends to show..

There are questions, and confusions and suspicion,

But then i always knew, No pain - No Gain"

- Awwthentic

Elena's P.O.V

We reached the table. Dad and Uncle again shared a smile as they saw us coming towards the table.

"You feeling better now, Elena?" Dad asked.

I smiled back. "Yes," Better? I feel worse.

Your daughter is doing Ph.D in lying recently, Dad. I accepted to myself.

"Where you both went?"

Uncle asked to me but before I could say Damon supplied in for me. "We went to The Mystic Beach"

I didn't even dared to look at Damon, after what happened. So I ignored him supplying for me.

Did I really do that? I wondered. It was bothering me.

So lost in my thoughts, I didn't even realised I was biting my lips.

It's all his fault!

He shouldn't had hold my hands like that.

He shouldn't had stare at me like that.

He shouldn't had asked all those questions.

He shouldn't had been there at all.

Everything made me feel so un-settled.

The way he was looking at me like I am some sort of delicacy he wants to devour, like he was relishing over his Lamington back then.

I still can't believe I thought like that and now this lip-biting that made him look at me that way.

His Barbarian Instincts I guess!

I don't know who to be angry at. To him or to myself?

Only if I had not been reminded of Stefan....maybe then I would have realised what I am doing.

Stefan....

Oh Stefan! Why still you come to my thoughts when you made it so clear with each passing day that I don't even exist for you.

It's all Damon's fault. His questions. His insistence.

The things he said about my behavior towards him forced me to see the change in me in dealing with him and any new people for that matter, after things went sour with Stefan.

Not that I am blaming Stefan for my actions but that had been the reason for this change In me. This trust issues, I am always on guard and I hate to meet anyone new.

And Damon un-nerved me since I came to know more and more of him. Every little thing I heard about him used to mess up with my head leading to frights. And then Each fear, each nightmare that I had related to him is coming true and making me more on guard and acting in a way that is surprising me too.

When he looks at me like that I feel...I am reminded of Stefan.

They even have the same title for god sake.

This is such a torture.

I grimaced as I heard him laugh now at something Dad said.

I felt Like he heard my thoughts, read my mind and the Demon in him is enjoying it, making fun of me, happy that he successfully managed to grill that fear inside me.