Chapter 13 : Caroline's P.O.V

Here is a Short Chapter, to show Caroline feels about things.

Read and Comment, Please.

__________________________________________________________

                      Time can't destroy its beauty,

                      For, as long as memory lives,

                      Years can't erase the pleasure

                      That the joy of friendship gives...

                                          - Helen Steiner Rice 

Cal's P.O.V

Caroline Forbes, Daughter of Mystic Fall's Sheriff. Bright, Smart and Wise... So, everyone says. I shrugged at the thought, feeling funny and tired. I just spent a small fortune on purchasing labelled dresses, without any reason, without any occasion. Only to get myself out of the broodiness I was feeling after my little argument with Klaus. Quite, Smart and Wise. Indeed.

And, Shopping was suppose to be fun!

Not that regret, but I feel the purpose behind it failed. My mind is still bothered. I couldn't bring myself to discuss much about Klaus with Elena because she already has enough in her life to deal with than me showering her with my stupid issues with Klaus. She definitely deserves better than a brooding friend.

Today, It felt to look great to see her happy after so long, I thought as I took out the dresses I bought, picking one up and placing on me as I watched in the mirror. The delight always felt doing so, felt faded now. I gave up cheering myself and put the dresses in my wardrobe.

Looking for my clutch, I pushed my hand inside it to find my mobile. Having found it, I checked to see if there was any messages or calls.

Okay, I was expecting Klaus to call me, like he always does, but, he didn't. I felt sad.

I guess this time he really is serious. And, I have pushed him too far with waiting for me. I thought he would understand that I need to focus on my career now and more than that I want to be real if It's really love and not just a friendly attachment, before saying those three words and making commitments. I thought he understood me, but then men's really are selfish, they expect you understand them, but when it comes to them for understanding us, they bring up a list of things to say to prove how wrong we are with whatever we do and say. Klaus is no different.

I felt sad, thinking like this about him. He had been so understanding. He did knew what Elena had faced. He knew how it affected me and that I want to be careful with my life.

Klaus... His thoughts entered my mind again and I couldn't help wondering about a few questions that bothered me. Will he finally end up like Stefan too? Does he really care for me? Should I tell him or wait a little more?

I praise Elena for being able to still try and deal with what happened in her life, I get goosebumps even with the thought of being brought down with such pains. 

I ask Elena to say stay positive, since it's the right thing to do, but the fact that we saw Stefan change, like seasons do, was shocking and a learning experience in life, that you cannot really be sure about anyone. You can never say, how long the other will be with you, or how long they are young to love you.