Nine: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Start from the beginning

"Yeah sure. Whatever, Alex would show you in when you get here."

"Fabulo-so! See you in ten!" Krista hangs up.

I get up from my couch and throw away my empty cup of yogurt. I could be such a great actress sometimes, but who wouldn't be able to trick Krista? Trick her into getting into a hotel room for that matter? I cringe. I guess I really have to get dressed for real this time.

I sashay back into my room and stare at the monstrosity laid out in my bed. It was a navy blue halter dress Krista loaned to me for the night. I might be just her plus one, but I bet she wouldn't be caught dead with someone who didn't live up to her fashion tastes. At least the dress a bit more modest from the dresses I usually see her in when she actually wants to get laid. And again, I cringe at the idea.

I done the ridiculously small scrap of fabric and my only black pumps I could tolerate to wear more than a few hours. I sigh as I pass the mirror and stare at myself. I look like I'm in no mood to party (which I was), and I try to at least pinch my cheeks as hard as I can to put a little color in them. I put on a bit of mascara, lip gloss, grab my purse and dash out the door by the time I hear a car engine roaring outside.

Krista's Krista so I--or anyone for that matter wouldn't expect anything less from her outfit. She's in a white dress that's even shorter than mine, and I honestly thought her boobs would pop out of her dress if she moved too much. She's ready to take the world up by storm; and as usual, her outfit just screamed fuck me.

She's chatting animatedly with Alex, who welcomes her into the lounge, and as soon as our eyes meet, I glare at her and her take on Marilyn Monroe's iconic white dress.

"Amber!" she cries, scooping me up in a big Krista hug. She holds me at arm's length.

"Don't you clean up good? Who would have thought, little Amber Casely? You look so ...fuckable!" She grins and I roll my eyes at her.

I give her my most sarcastic of smiles, "Yeah, and guess what? You're worse!"

Krista scoffs. "Well it's either you wear that dress or we switch and you can have mine instead... we wouldn't want that right?"

Well she does have a point.

She pulls me back into an embrace and the gesture surprises me, "I really miss you a lot, Amber,"

"It's good to see you too, Hedone." I hug her back.

"It's Krista."and I roll my eyes at her again for the nth time before I finally pull away from her and take her arm to stroll out Lola, her bright, silver convertible, which was parked at the curb.

I wave to Alex goodbye and he just nods curtly at me as Lola starts purring back to life.

"So, where are we going?" I ask. "Dad wouldn't be happy if I went home late; where are you staying these days?"

"Just a few minutes away from Soho, oh and Alex told me Dad's up on Olympus, wouldn't worry 'bout getting home that early. That and Mr. Hottie's your client and living here for a few days. Is he home? When were you ever gonna tell me that huh? Why don't you guys just date?"

"I never see Jaxon around at home, seems to get the hint that I don't want to see him,"

"See? I don't get why you call him Jaxon and not manage to call me Krista. If you didn't care that much, you'd just be calling him Adriel, for old time's sake"

"Adriel was my friend. Jaxon's...a client and nothing more." I say with conviction, like there was a really big difference.

The tension around us thickened by the second, so as our 40 minute drive to Soho. But at least Krista kept her mouth shut. I don't think I'd be able to handle both her and Jaxon at the same second right now.