Nine: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Of all the sisters I could ask for, Hedone wouldn't be one of my top choices. She was loud, wild, party crazed-- oh, and did I mention her shopping tendencies? Sigh. I questioned her judgments more than I could count, so I guess another one of my life's missions was to take care of my baby sister. We barely have anything in common, but at least do we get along, and I love her. Most of the time.

"Ehem...?" Hedone raises a perfectly shaped brow, and looks over to me and Jaxon expectantly.

"Umm hi," Jaxon holds out his hand, "We've met before, Hedone,"

Hedone practically swoons, but her eyes couldn't contain any more of her surprise. "Wait, Adriel?"

"The one and only, Hedone" he grins.

Hedone takes Jaxon's hand and gives it a firm shake. "I go by Krista these days,"

As immortals, we have to change our names ever so often to avoid unnecessary attention towards us. But most of the time, people like me, people who fly under the radar, just don't. I don't feel the need to. It's the same name I've kept for centuries, and in my opinion, it only troubles other immortals to keep track of everyone's new names. Which is a good thing... for some of us like me, especially.

"I see you went splurging again," I try to keep my serious tone to let Hedone know I'm disappointed, but her smile would always be infectious to others, so I try to keep the smile tugging on my lips at bay.

"Going out tonight to Soho to a club opening!" she beams with glee, "thought I might wear something special," she holds her large amount of baggage up my face and I struggle to push her--and the bags--away.

"There's no way I'm coming with you Hedone," Don't give in. Keep it together Amber.

"Aww, c'mon sissy! You should go out with me! I'm sure there's something I could let you borrow, besides, it would be fun! There's an open bar and everything!"

Hmmm an open bar and my sister don't mix. I glare at her.

I prolong the silence for as long as I could and try to intimidate Hedone into backing down. It wouldn't be good if I let her go alone. And to a bar! Sure she's done it before, but that's just because I didn't know. I try to come with her as much as I can to keep an eye on her (and take her home if I need to), I just have to. She had to at least have someone sober to come with her.

I give Hedone an exasperated sigh and look over at Jaxon who seems to be enjoying my turmoil. "Do you mind if I call a rain check? I have...places to be," and on cue, Hedone's smile got wider with my surrender.

"I never got you as the drinking type,"

"I'm not," She is.

"Oh. Got it." He winks and for once I find it amusing that he could read my mind.

"Great, we'll browse over some of your potential matches in the weekend but for the mean time..." I glance over at a grinning Hedone, "I'll be with her..."

"Awesome! We're totes gonna have fun tonight sissy!" I pinch my nose in frustration. If someone had invented an immune shot for annoying little sisters, I certainly didn't know about it.

"Geez, I'm almost done Hedone I just need a few--"

"Krista." I rolled my eyes over at my phone, fully aware that she could never tell I did it.

"Okay, Krista, I'm just getting dressed. Hold your horses."

"Amber," Krista began to whine, "I'm ten minutes away from the house and you're still not ready? Gosh and I think I take long to get ready. There's a limit to how much a girl can be fashionably late ya know?"