Chapter 38: Untold Truths

Start from the beginning

He nodded silently, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

Sighing, Ace sat back up and stared at the plate that awaited her. She slowly edged towards her nightstand, picking it up along with its utensils.

Evan is.. out of place. She frowned, poking a pancake with her fork. It almost feels like he was forced to participate in the kidnapping.

She glanced at the window. It wasn't in range for her to see what was on the outside. Or maybe he isn't as innocent as he seems.

~

"Raiden!"

Allian glanced at the onyx eyed male in question, who sat on an armchair reading a book, seemingly unfazed by Evan's aggressive tone. The blonde stood up, walking towards the kitchen. "Evan's angry." He said.

Ryoma and Kai exchanged glances with one another, standing up as well.

The boy marched down the stairs, then directly to the black haired male who hadn't moved. "Ace.."

Finally putting his book down, Raiden crossed his legs casually and looked at the infuriated boy curiously. "You were saying?"

Clenching his fists, Evan reached into his pocket and pulled out an object. He flipped it into place, the blade's metal glinting in the sunlight. His eyes narrowed as he pointed the switchblade at the male. "Ace.. hates.. me.."

Raiden shrugged nonchalantly. "You were expecting her to not hate you?"

The guys who observed the situation tensed up, debating if they should get involved.

"What..?" The boy asked, his eyes wavering.

Raiden smiled. "You weren't expecting her to hold any grudges against you after what we've done? She hates all of us without a doubt."

Evan drew in a breath, his blade still pointed at the alpha.

Raiden gazed at the boy. "I suggest you put down that knife and listen to me for time being. All of you should listen as well."

Kai, Ryoma, and Allian slowly walked towards him.

Evan hesitated before flicking the blade back into its container, sliding it into his pocket.

"Good." Raiden said, resting his ankle on his knee. "Let's start with the obvious, shall we?"

~

"I'm coming in."

The door opened and closed, followed by light footsteps approaching her.

Ace didn't remove her gaze from the window, even though she couldn't see what was outside. She wished she was outside with all of her heart, wherever she was.

"What did you say to that poor boy Evan?" Raiden asked, amusement in his voice.

"..Was I supposed to lie to him?" She muttered, not moving.

"Oh, Ace." He smiled, taking a seat by the desk. "You're so cruel."

The girl scoffed slightly, remaining silent.

He tilted his head to the side in curiosity, studying her features. "What, you have no questions for me?"

She slowly turned her gaze over to him. "What did you do to them?"

He leaned forward. "To who? Your two friends?"

She shook her head. "The guys."

He rose an eyebrow, astonished. "Oh? What do you mean by that? I didn't do anything."