Chapter 36: A Friendly Snowball Fight

Start from the beginning

Her eyes scanned over all of the luggage that rested beside the door. She felt as though she could tell who's suitcase belonged to who just by looking at the colors and designs.

A soft pink with a small bunny plushie attached to it for Akia, a black and golden one with a white ribbon hanging onto one of the zippers for Faith. A black and red suitcase with a few intricate designs for Raiden, and a sky blue and white one for Allian. She furrowed her eyes at three suitcases that didn't match anyone's personality.

A black and grey suitcase.

A black and white suitcase.

And a navy suitcase with a small turtle plushie attached to it.

"What are you looking at?" Ryoma questioned, standing next to her.

"I can't figure out who those three suitcases belong to." She narrowed her eyes and pressed a finger to her temple. "Which one's yours, Ryoma?"

"Heh." He smirked. "Guess."

Her eyes widened. "No way! You have a turtle plushie?" She exclaimed, pointing at the adorable little plush hanging on one of the zippers of the navy suitcase.

He rolled his eyes at her. "It should be obvious who the turtle plushie belongs to."

"You're right." The girl grinned. "Evan's such a shy turtle."

The male nodded. "I assume you can't guess who's suitcase belongs to Kai and me?"

"Yeah." She narrowed her eyes. Black and grey.. Black and white.. An idea hit her mind. "Your suitcase is the black and grey one, isn't it?"

He shrugged. "What makes you say that?"

Ace pursed her lips. "The grey part just seems like.. I don't know how to phrase this." She tilted her head. "I feel like grey means your past is shrouded and not completely bright if that makes any sense.."

Ryoma chuckled. "You're right. Kai's suitcase is black and white."

She frowned. "I can see why white would make sense but why have black along with it? He's such a nice person."

Ryoma began to pull the suitcases into the lodge. "Beats me. The colors are aesthetically pleasing together."

Taking one last look at the luggage, she shrugged and began pulling the suitcases into the lodge.

~

Crouching down low, Ace narrowed her eyes as she peeked from behind a natural snowy slope. There weren't any signs of movement.

Looking to her side, Kai gestured to her silently, pointing to the right.

Nodding, the two began to slowly creep along the slope, careful to not make any noise whatsoever.

A sudden cry pierced the air, snapping both of the teens' attention to the source of the scream. The two of them glanced at each other before breaking into a sprint, their fingers tightening around their semi-compacted snowballs.

"It's an ambush! Save yourself!!" The sound of Akia's scream was heard again before it was suddenly cut off.

"Akia, no!!" Faith's distant voice shouted from somewhere in front of her. From Faith's voice, Ace could tell she was around thirty feet away from them.

"You'll pay for what you've done, you monsters!" Faith yelled.

"It's Evan," Kai whispered as they neared the snow fort that they had constructed in the past few hours. The two kept close to a group of trees. "He must have been ordered to ambush Akia."