Chapter 15

© 2013 Crystal Bustillos

Friday morning I woke up, took a shower and finished getting ready, when I got out of the shower Derek went in, he refused to leave my home until they found the culprit, even though Peter was here he didn’t trust anyone to keep me safe and didn’t want Peter in my bed regardless of him being gay. I still remember him telling me that when I asked him why he had brought over so much clothing he told me he’d be staying for a good while, since I had plenty of space in my closet I decided I’d let him stay, since I always felt safer with him around. When we got to work I had my cup of hot chocolate in hand while Derek carried Mrs. Bain’s in his along with his usual cup of Joe.

When we entered the building, we were talking about what we’d be doing this weekend after our “triple date” when we saw Lucas coming our way. He smiled at me then looked over at Derek, he told me we should hang out some time he wanted go do a double date since his girlfriend had a buddy who needed a date to a gala they were attending, I smiled and was getting ready to tell him no, when I felt a strong hand on my waist squeeze me. I decided to play a little with Derek since he was doubting me I asked Lucas when the gala was, he smiled told me it would be next Saturday.

I asked where it would be held, he told me in Phoenix since it would be an award for best Humanitarian work around the state. I smiled and told him I hoped he enjoyed himself and what this friends name was. Before he could answer Derek intervened and told Lucas I would be busy hanging out with her boyfriend he promptly walked away from Lucas dragging me along with him, instead of entering my classroom we entered his where he locked the door.

I wasn’t so sure about teasing him now that we were alone he seemed pissed. “What the hell was that, I thought we discussed this, you cannot go out on dates with other guys. You are no longer single your spoken for, what if I decided to go out as a favor to Bailey, how would you feel, tell me dammit do you think this is a joke?”

“Yes it was a joke I was getting ready to tell him no when you squeezed me a little to tight, so I thought I’d have a little fun while learning how you’d deal with trusting me. I see we have a lot to work on. I told you I am only going with James this once and your coming along. I know when I have a good thing and I am not willing to lose it. I want you to know that you can trust me, can I say the same about you.

What happened with Lydia that day, you seemed to end our conversation rather quickly and took her inside to do God only knows what with her. Tell me you say you haven’t been with a woman what was that?”

“Lydia is dying she has cancer she wanted to know if I’d be willing to marry her again she knows she screwed up, and wanted to make amends, she told me she was sorry for not appreciating what she had. But she also told me that she saw the way I looked at you and knew that she had already lost her chance. She tried playing you in hopes of you hating me, or kissing Lucas in front of me causing me to be with her. She failed in her mission that’s why you haven’t seen her anymore. She went to stay with family in Maine, she hopes that the operation can help, but the doctors aren’t to hopeful.”

“Oh my God! I'm so sorry I had no idea, I was just so jealous when I saw you heading inside with her. You’re a handsome man; I see that way women look at you. I’ve never felt this way about a man before. I am usually confident in myself, you seem to bring out the worst in me at times. But I know there are some things that we need to work on, I’m willing to make changes as long as you are too.”