Chapter 9

© 2013 Crystal Bustillos                                                                       

     Derek’s point of view

When I left Lillian’s house Bailey was right behind me he looked like a lovesick fool, but I was happy for him. While Jessie may be a bit dramatic she was a good girl that would straighten up my brother and make him walk the straight and narrow. While we’re walking down the block Bailey asks me if I like Lillian as more than a friend. Do I what? Of course not she’s just my friend, I was doing her a favor since she was scared last night. With that he just smiles once we reach my house he decides to continue the conversation by telling me “great” that he knows a few great guys he can introduce Lillian to. I grab him by the collar and slam him against the wall and tell him he will do no such thing. She’s mine and no one else’s. Surprised by what I’ve just done and said I release my brother and apologize. “I’m sorry I don’t know what got into me. I may not like her that way but that doesn’t mean I’m going to let her date any random loser.”

 “I don’t think you get to decide who Lillian dates Derek. That’s her choice, you can either admit you like her or I’ll start introducing her to my friends and you know one of them will fall for a girl like her easily. I would have been one of them had it not been for Jessie.”

Okay fine so I like her, what about it? And you most certainly will not introduce her to any guys. She just see’s me as a friend I have to work up my nerve to ask her out. “Just make sure you don’t wait to long opportunities like those don’t last to long. If you don’t move in someone else will. Let me ask you this how did you feel when you saw the police outside of her home.” I was scared shitless praying nothing bad had happened to her, I’ve just never dealt with a girl like her, and she’s so honest and caring. Most of the girls I’ve dated have been superficial bitches who were an easy lay. But Lillian is different I feel different around her. From the first moment I met her, that’s why I was such a dick. I figured if I kept her away from me she wouldn’t be a temptation, but hell everyday is harder to stay away from her. I mean I find myself going to visit her for stupid things. I even visit her at school just so she can make my day better by giving me one of her smiles. I don’t know where to start. I told her when we first started hanging out I didn’t date friends because they always wanted more than I was willing to give. But I find myself wanting to give her more, like she deserves that and so much more. What do I do Bailey? How do you ask out the girl your falling in love with who thinks you only see her as the girl next door?

“You woo her, let her know what she’s missing, but you have to make the first move, the girl is already in love with you, she just doesn’t know it yet. Show her why you’re worthy of her love. Start today, the sooner you begin wooing the sooner she’ll fall for you, beside we have the perfect excuse for visiting we want to keep them safe don’t we?”