Chapter 6

© 2013 Crystal Bustillos

While we were preparing the meal for Jessie’s birthday, I heard the bell ring and lowered my music since Little Big Town was playing, I wanted to be able to hear who ever was at the door. When I open the door I see Derek standing there with a handsome man holding bags full of sweets and other things. I let them both in, and once they set the things down I asked him what he was doing, since he was suppose to go visit his family. He told me that his parents decided to take a trip to the Bahamas since they needed a vacation so his brother came to visit since his sisters couldn’t make it. I smiled when I saw his handsome brother standing there looking at me.

I introduced myself and found out his name was Bailey, a very sexy Bailey with chestnut hair and sky blue eyes. Bailey was about an inch or two taller than Derek. When I turned to look at Derek I noticed he was no longer smiling but was frowning at his brother who was still holding my hand. So I decided to remove my hand and introduce Bailey around to the rest of the gang which included Jessie, Kelly, Wyatt, and Greg. We were almost done filling the ovens with pasta, and Lasagna since it was Jessie’s birthday and that’s what she wanted, everything made from scratch and we’re barely getting started making fresh mashed potatoes. So I told the boys to roll up their sleeves, wash there hands and help out.

Derek got to it right away while Bailey seemed to hesitate until he saw Jessie and noticed her having a “hard time” peeling the potatoes, so with that being the case he decided he could help her out and look like her savior. Which seemed to have worked, since Jessie was actually trying to help while Bailey was “assisting” her with the rest. When I turned around to get started on an angel cake dessert, I noticed that Derek seemed a lot happier once he noticed that Bailey was preoccupied with my cousin. If we had been anything other than friends I would feel offended that he didn’t like me hanging out with his brother.

But since I came to know Derek I knew that what ever he had against it was for a good reason. The rest of the day we watched movies since we were basically waiting on the turkey to cook so we went out to the back yard and played a quick game of flag football with Jessie being the referee I didn’t want her getting hurt in anyway. The boys thought they would win until we changed up the teams and I got partnered up with the handsome Bailey, which of course Derek disapproved of and said he had to be on our team to ensure that I didn’t get hurt because his brother liked to play a little rough. I really didn’t care whose team I was on since I usually lost anyway.

15 minutes into the game I decide that I no longer wanted to play the boys are a little too rough for my liking. When Kelly and Wyatt decide to come out as well the only players are Greg, Bailey, and Derek. The boys decide that Derek will go for either team depending on whom he see’s open. With that being said, Bailey starts flirting with me and when I least expect it, Derek takes Bailey down literally landing on top of him. He than gets off and tells him sorry, but he saw an opening and had to take it. Everyone just looks at him and I see Bailey smiling while I’m wondering what the hell went on between those two.

So I decide to end the game before anyone gets hurts or worse ends up in the Emergency room. We decide to watch some more movies with the boys wanting to put on the Avengers movie since and I quote “its an awesome action flick”. I didn’t really care since I had already seen it. We ended up having a marathon filled with Thor, the first part of Iron Man, before the food was finally ready. We all sat down at the table,  which was a miracle in itself that we all fit, we had to pull in extra chairs from the living room and my office so that we’d all fit. Overall the experience was fun.

We talked about all sorts of things at the dinner table. That was when Jessie decided to tell everyone that she was three and a half months pregnant. I didn’t say anything because I wanted to see how the group would take it. Kelly congratulated her; Wyatt just smiled since he didn’t really care one way or another. Derek turned to look at me and asked me how I was doing; I just smiled and told him I was happy for her.

Bailey seemed shocked, I guess he thought he’d hook up with her and was now seeing that that would not be happening unless he wanted to take a part in fatherhood. I figured he’d leave her alone even though he seemed like a responsible guy, I didn’t need my cousin dealing with anyone’s crap she had her own shit to deal with. I figured if he tried to play her in anyway I’d intervene regardless of him being Derek’s brother. After we ate everyone was tired so we put the food away and went back to watching the movies.

I fell asleep after 30 minutes of watching Iron Man because I had stuffed my face with to much pasta. I think the others felt the same because I woke up to seeing Jessie and Bailey sitting together talking while everyone else was sleeping all over the living room. I guess Bailey liked talking to her because he had already placed Iron Man 2 on and wasn’t watching a single scene. He seemed to be hanging on to every word that she was saying, it looked like he had fallen for Jessie.

I wasn’t to sure what would happen, but at least he knew about the baby. I was too tired to stay up so I went back to sleep I was asleep by myself with the others sleeping elsewhere. When I woke up an hour later I had a throw blanket over me and Derek was right next to me. I woke up panicked hoping I hadn’t drooled all over him, when I checked my face I was happy to find that I hadn’t slobbered all over myself. I don’t know how I had ended up sleeping on his chest since last I remember I was alone on the loveseat, somehow Derek must have thrown the blanket over me and decided to take a nap along with me and I seemed to have taken advantage by laying all over him.

The good thing was I was able to remove his hand from my shoulder without him waking up. When I got up I noticed that the only ones remaining were Derek, Bailey, Jessie, and myself. I told the others I was going to bed that I would see them sometime after ten, as I was headed to my room I heard someone call my name thinking it was Bailey I turn to find that Derek is right behind me. So I tell him goodnight and that I will see him in the morning, when I see his face I give him a hug and thank him for coming to my house to spend Thanksgiving with us.