Chapter 9 • Her Beach Day

Start from the beginning

After much deliberating, I order a Bali Mary, the Bali version of a Bloody Mary, and then pull out my notebook to begin reviewing my list.

I spent many nights combing through websites and other people's honeymoon videos on YouTube trying to find all the hidden gems of Bali that I wanted to experience while here. This has now become ridiculous, many of them are couple -related and I am on my own.  Even at first glance I'm seeing a common problem, and it's not just because I'm here alone...

Mount Batur Volcano Hike - ankle?
•Ubud Monkey Forest - ankle?
Swing Park - anxiety.
Kaveri Couples Spa - HA!
SingSing Waterfalls Romantic Hike - FML!

I toss my pen and the notepad in a huff and roll to my stomach, lying my head onto my arms.  I've never been so pissed off with one of my lists before.  I love making lists!  This has disheartened my plans for this trip.  I crossed half the lines off just because Cody is a dumb fuck!

I take a sip of my fancy drink and groan at my morning.  Maybe today I should just have just stayed in my bed.

"A little early, don't you think?"

My lips curl up and I pull off my sunglasses.  "I have a hangover."

When I flip over I feel my cheeks flush at the sight of Hodge.  He stands beside me with his hands on his hips, panting and sweaty from a recent run.  He pulls his white tank from around his neck and rubs it across his face, followed by his stomach, to collect the sweat.  My eyes can't help but to hover at the sight that is his abdomen.

Oh my God, those abs. Every crease of his stomach is molded to pure perfection.

"Aspirin?"

I clear my throat and divert my eyes back to the sand.  "Never works.  My friend says to drink the next morning."

He laughs and plops himself down the sand beside me, grunting when he sees my flip flops and tosses them behind us, making me laugh. I can vaguely make out the sight of a tattoo on the side of his torso and another on his shoulder.

"What are you drinking?" He asks through his continual panty breaths. 

I should not have looked at him like that.  I've been single for a week, that's not okay.  I barely know him and yet I've already attempted to memorize his tattoos and abs.

"Bali's version of a Bloody Mary," I roll to my back and hold the ornate goblet up to him.  "Want to try it?"

Hodge smirks and shakes his head no before grabbing my notebook.  "Christ, that's quite a list."

"Yeah," I sigh, "it was."

His lips purse and he tosses it back down.  I'm sure he saw my marginalized notes. Zero fucks.

"You're very organized..."

I laugh at how he said the word.  "You wanted to say anal."

A hearty laugh erupts from deep in his chest and he nods, looking out over the water.  "I wasn't sure if you'd like me using that word."