Part 1

Gentian Path (Part 1)

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

(AN- THIS IS AN ENDING PATH! MEANING THIS BOOK IS PART OF A SERIES. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE 15-PART BASIC STORY OF ENOUEMENT BEFORE THIS ONE... PLEASE READ THE FIRST PART BEFORE THIS ONE! IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL BE VERY CONFUSED! THANK YOU!)

The breeze felt nice on top of the roof. The area was clear and you were watching as classes had ended and people filed out of the building: off to the dorms, home, or to have a fun night out.

The roof was nearly lifeless, the flower beds having been cleaned and taken care of for the daffodils that were supposed to arrive next week. This time, however, you doubted you'd have two extra hands putting them in. You even doubted that you'd have time yourself to put the flowers in.

But you were not quite thinking negatively, in fact, you were thinking this way because you had hope that your plan would go off without any hitches. And if the flowers had to wait another few days before they could be planted, then so be it.

As much as you loved your secret rooftop garden, there was always more important things to handle and take care of. And that was currently the sake of the future and everyone who had asked you to carry on and do your best.

You kicked your legs off the building, enjoying the feeling of gravity and the wind dancing around your exposed legs. The breeze from the settling day casting your locks of (hair color) dancing on and off of your shoulders.

Everyone below seemed to be in their own little worlds, not seeing that one of their classmates was literally relaxing on the edge of the building. It was strange... to think that you were like a God at this moment.

Truthfully, you didn't possess any God-like qualities or powers, but the way you could see everyone and watch them like some high and powerful observer just sent this distinct feeling through your chest.

It was just like before: knowing and seeing but not acting. A God who could see people and watch their lives and hardships unfold... but never once felt the need to step in and answer their prayers. A cruel and neglectful God... yes, that was most definitely the type of God you would be if you had been created in that way.

But you had been born mortal. A mortal who no doubt had been given the power of a God. Which led you to develop this complex. The idea of someone else doing what needed to be done. Even in your inventions, you were rather hesitant.

Hatsume would always be the one with the initiative and drive to invent and you had just been someone who tagged along when the need arose. You had always been a background player, only involving yourself if you were left with no choice.

And after so much time and hardships... you were tired of not acting. Your own stakes were being held on the line as well. Which meant you were no longer going to rest by easily and watch with a bored gaze on the people who actually decided to act.

No, it was time to leave your Godly perch and venture down to the land of mortals and join in their cause. The God was done being a God and was finally ready to bleed amongst the mortals she had grown fond of.