Tom closed his eyes, smiling softly as he sang, "A taaale as old as tiiiime."

"Oh God, don't start with the show tunes-" Tord grunted, rubbing the delicate skin underneath his eyes. 

"But they're your favourite," Tom smirked, wiggling his brows as he began to hum an off-tune section of Sunshine Lollipops.

With an overexaggerated groan, Tord stretched, jostling the empty plate on his kness, "This is why world domination is the only option."

Lips curling wider, Tom's only response was to hum louder, his throat crackling from the vibrations. Bouncing up to sit on his knees, he leaned closer, taking the other mans head into his hands, thumbs gently stroking the sides of his face. Mouth pressed into a thin line, he pressed it lightly against the shell of Tord's ear, making sure to increase the volume in irritating intervals. 

"You little shit-" A large hand wrapped itself around his hip bone, the pressure firm but harmless. It tugged him forward, and he squealed in a slight panic as he landed in Tord's lap, arms clinging around the broad slope of his shoulders. 

Smirking down at him, Tord's solid touch moved, fingers running across the exposed skin of his thighs, sensually stroking up his stomach, and past his slim chest to tenderly cradle his flushed neck. Leaning closer, his lips parted, eyes closing slowly as he neared, "That's better." 

Frozen in shock, Tom sat still, heart pounding hard- echoing loudly in his ears. Swallowing audibly, he licked his lips, biting them nervously as their noses bumped together. Breath hitching, he tilted his head to the side, mouths brushing ever so slightly. 

Oof.

Something connected with the side of his face, a solid mass of plush fabric smacking into his cheek. A cry leapt out of his throat, mouth gaped in disbelief as he looked down, watching as the pillow flopped to the floor, thoroughly unamused.

"Bitch.

Chest shaking, Tord laughed loudly, head thrown over the back of the couch. Tears collected at the corners of his vision, and he closed them, allowing them to pour over as he wheezed. 

Tom just stared, once again finding himself awestruck at the open, raw emotions flickering across his face- the blatant display of humanity, the casual affection. 

Heaving, Tord ran his fingers through Tom's thick locks, digits tangling as they massaged his scalp. A chaste kiss was pressed to the tip of his nose, obnoxiously loud in its smacking.  

"My Tom." 

It was whispered, panted through breathless lungs- soft and sentimental, filled to burst with a furious passion that dripped from every inch of the two simple words.

My Tord.

Wordlessly, he mouthed the phrase, adoring the way it formed so easily. Sparked hope ignited in his veins, a warm giddy rush that made him feel so incredibly alive- it singlehandedly grounded him to the tangible world beneath and threw him back into the clouds, thoughts filling up in a dreamlike state of all the other possible adoring, happy little moments that they could share over the course of their entire lives.

"Remind me to marry you." 

--

A/N: Welcome to chapter 40, bitch.

Fuck yeah, I can.

This chapters art is a special one- this is from a reader that I'm pretty sure has been following this fic since the beginning! @SwearOnMySoul is an amazing artist that you all should check out, like, immediately. I'm not worthy of their talent.

 I'm not worthy of their talent

Thank you again! <33