𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴏᴍᴀsʜᴜ

Start from the beginning

Aang walks forward with a big smile. Katara titters uneasily, but she, Sokka and I follow. The guard who just obliterated the cart meets Aang near the edge of the gate. He earthbends a huge boulder out of the ground and holds it over Aangs head.

"State your business!" He yells. I can almost feel his breath from here.

Out of my surprise, Aang starts spitting out exactly what my grandfather would have said, "my business is my business, young man, and none of yours! I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside!"

The guard drops the boulder beside Aang in shock. Katara, Sokka and I are all terrified with Aangs choice of words.

"Settle down, old-timer. Just tell me who you are."

"Name's Bonzu Pipinpadaloxicopolis, the third, and these are my grandkids." Aang points to us three. Katara now smiling serenely, "hi, June Pipinpadaloxicopolis. Nice to meet you."

The gate guard points directly at Katara stating, "you seem like a responsible young lady. See that your grandfather stays out of trouble." He then looks to me, "same applies to you. Enjoy omashu." He motions us to pass. Aang, Katara and I move forward with Sokka trailing behind.

"Wait a minute." Just as we pass the entering point the guard pulls Sokka by the collar.

"You're a strong boy. Show some respect for the elderly and carry your grandfather's bag."

"Good idea!" Aang plops the bag in Sokka's arms making him groan.

We approach the three movable interlocking stone walls. They emerge open, one by one revealing the great city of omashu. As we walk through they begin to close behind us, locking us from the outside. My eyes widen at the view. Rows and rows of houses with roofs painted in earth kingdom green. The chutes are crisscrossed all over the city, leaving me speechless.

"This is the Omashu's delivery system. Miles and miles of tubes and chutes. Earthbending brings the packages up and gravity brings them down." Aang explains.

"Great, so they get their mail on time." Sokka shrugs. "They do get their mail on time, but my friend Bumi found a better use for these chutes."

Aang closes his eyes, leaning on the rail. He breathes in.

I look around realizing Sokka and Katara are nowhere around me.

"Guys? Katara? Sokka? Aang-" I'm interrupted by two boys talking near the chute entrance.

"Look around, what do you see?" A spiky-haired little boy asks.

"Umm... the mail system?" Aang crosses his arms and adds a shrug.

The little boy I don't recognize elbows Aangs shoulder, "instead of seeing what they want you to see, you gotta open your brain to the possibilities." He taps Aangs temples making him giggle. I smile at the two friends feeling warm inside.

"I still don't get it. I just see a package sending system."

"Or..." he jumps on the railing spreading his arms with a cheeky smile on his face, "the world's greatest super slide!"

Aang chuckles, "Bumi, you're a mad genius." Aang softly places his hand on his shoulder. Bumi still hasn't wiped his toothless smile off his face, he laughs and snorts. I quietly giggle at the two friends.

I breathe out, now seeing all my friends again.

"Cmon! Follow me!" Aang gestures us to come along.