10. | Toxic thoughts

Start from the beginning

She laughs, "Are you joking?! I'm starving and I'm not going to let my friend starve to death" She jokes before taking out the ingredients.

'Friend? I have a friend...wow it's so unbelievable. After all these years of being alone. Holy crap I'm at a girls house! I can't believe it!' Izuku starts rambling inside his mind.

With a bored expression, Y/n walks up to him and flecks his forehead. The boy jolts back in his chair, almost tripping down before she caught his arm.

He feels how warm and delicate her hand is, causing a blush to creep up on his face before she pulls away.

"I think you were mumbling in your head again" Y/n chuckles as she starts preparing for a meal.

Izuku sighs heavily before he smiles gently, eyes narrowing. "Yeah, I tend to do that"

<•>

"I got strike again!" Y/n yells as she dances around happily.

"Ugh I barely hit any of them at all!" Izuku runs his hands through his hair. The other teen stops her ministries and jogs up to him. "Because I am awesome" She smirks.

They both began laughing with each other, laughing like there was no tomorrow.
In that moment, Izuku forgets all his troubles, all his anxiety and his long lasting fight with Katsuki.
He can just be himself, quirkless or not. He feels accepted.

It's like a slow motion, he is watching the girls laughing face and how utterly beautiful she looks when happy. He starts to appreciate every moment he has with her. She has helped him so much and she doesn't even know it.

"Alright love birds, we're closing now so you better hurry it up" A young female winks at them blissfully, before shrouding her way back to work.

"W-Wha—"

"Okey! Sure thing" Y/n grins and starts packing up her belongings, not flustered at all by the employees comment.

The two teens leave the building and is meet by the dark sky, seeing light stars shimmering above them.

"Wow, I completely lost track of time" She breaths out as she glances at the boy next to her.

"Ah same here, my mom must be worried" He slowly rubs his neck, letting his curls fall over his eyes.

"I'm sure it's okay, we're just having fun—oh god" She stops which causes the boy to do the same confusingly.

"What is it?" He stares at her face, narrowing his eyes gently.

"Shouto!" Y/n throws herself forward towards a person Izuku doesn't recognize. Their bodies collide and the other person seems shocked.

"Y/n? What are you doing out so late?" Shouto asks after letting go of the hard hug, staring down at her face.

"Just bowling with my new friend" Y/n replies and throws a thumb over her shoulder, pointing at the nervous boy behind her a few feet away.

"You have a new friend?" The dual haired boy eyes widen slightly. This is an unexpected gesture from his only female friend, she isn't the one to open up to people so easily. Although, given the circumstances, she didn't have a choice.

"Hey, Midoriya come here!" She hand gestures for him to come closer.

Izuku feels his body trembling, meeting new people was generally hard, but meeting Y/n's...friend? Or what position does he hold in Y/n's heart?
'Can he be her...lover? Probably, he looks like a model'

He nervously shrouds towards the duo, taking a big gulp before introducing himself as "Midoriya, Izuku. N-Nice to meet you" He stutters with red cheeks.

Shouto's cold glare makes it even harder for him to breath.
Y/n stands in between them, mentally clasping her head for being so stupid.
'Oh geez, I should have never put these two together! Shouto's social skills are at a zero and Midoriya's anxiety doesn't fit well'

"Todoroki, Shouto" He simply says, averting his gaze towards the e/c eyed girl. Wanting desperately for her to take part in their dying conversation.

'Mhm...of course L/n-Chan has him by her side. He looks so strong and confident...everything I'm not' A frown is painted on his lips. Just as everything was going so great between them, Izuku can't help but feel like it's all just fake. Not blaming the girl of course! But if she's asked to choose? Would she choose him over someone so steady as Todoroki? Never, Y/n would stand by his side.

He knows he shouldn't let toxic thoughts ruin him, but he can't help it. Every time he finds an ounce of happiness, it gets taken away, making it hurt even more than rather never experiencing it in the first place.

It's a viscous cycle, and a cycle never ends.

"Well, I'm so happy to see you. What are you up to this late Shouto?" Y/n smiles up at him.

His eyes softens a bit, "I was just walking to the store to grab a few necessities" Looking at Izuku with his heterochromatic eyes, "Well may you two get home safe" He slowly turns around, "I'll se you around, call me later Y/n" He says before walking away with his hands in his pockets.

"I will!" Y/n shouts before staring at Izuku with an exhausted expression, "Ah man, I'm tired. Let's head home before it gets too late"

"Yeah" The emerald eyed boy replies before walking ahead.

Seeing him act so distantly all the sudden, her brow creases as she frowns. "Uhm—Everything alright?"

It's like letting go of a huge boulder and hearing it plunder the surface of the sea.
She's been meaning to ask that for a while, but now it just seems she's asking for a much smaller matter.

Izuku chuckles, "Of course, I'm completely fine"

Stars blinks above them, not unnoticed as they walk the rest of the journey in complete and utter silence.