🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

"Ah, there you are. I would like you to meet my only son... Steven." Mr. Anderson said.

"Steven, so nice to finally meet you." My Mom said.

"And Steven, these are your soon-to-be step-siblings. Meet Aurora and Toby."

He looks at Toby and smiles at him. "Hi, Toby." He said.

Toby just waves shyly." Hi."

And then he looks at me and we made eye contact. His dark eyes stare into my brown ones.

He sticks his hand out. "Nice to meet you, Aurora."

I shake his hand. "Likewise," I said.

"Now, that we're all together, let's have dinner!" Mr. Anderson said and then he took my Mom's hand and they walk over to the dining room.

We sat down and eat our dinner. While eating dinner, Mr. Anderson and my Mom laughed and they chatted. Sometimes, I caught Steven staring at me but every time I glanced at him, he would either look down at his plate or drink water. I just continue eating.

__

An hour has passed and we finished our dinner.

"Steven, why don't you show Aurora and Toby around? " Mr. Anderson said.

"Can I watch cartoons instead, Mommy? " Toby asked. "I'm bored."

"Is it okay with you, John?"

"Of course, it's no problem. Steven, why don't you turn on the TV in the living room, and then give Aurora a tour around the house?"

"Sure, Dad." Steven stood up from his seat and motioned us to follow him.

We entered the living room and he turns on the TV and switches the News channel to a Cartoon channel. 

"Here you go, Toby," Steven said.

"Thank you," Toby said before sitting down and watching the show that's been playing. 

I look around at the living room and it gives off a warm and somewhat comforting vibe and it has a fireplace.

"Shall we, Aurora?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah."

Then Steven and I head over to the kitchen which is so fancy looking and the counter is marbled and it looks like they have all the tools and kitchen appliances that they need.

"Obviously, this is the kitchen," Steven said as we walked in. I take a good look at the kitchen and it's a bit big than the average kitchen.

 We head out of the kitchen and I follow.

He leads me to a door that leads downstairs. "Down here is the basement. Do you like basements?"

"No, and Toby is scared of basements. " I said.

"Because of horror movies, I assume? "

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Hmm, I figured. Don't worry, there's no scary stuff down there." He said and then we head off somewhere else. We went upstairs and the stairs look so clean and shiny.

He leads me to a door that has a golden music note, specifically a G-Clef note, on it. This must be a music room.

He opens the door and the first thing I saw is a grand piano. And there are other various instruments in the room. We didn't bother going inside the room.

"Can you play all of these?" I asked.

"Only the piano." He said. "Dad wanted me to learn how to play the guitar, trumpet, and the violin but I only like the piano. Do you know how to play any instruments?