~Promise~

K so um I wanna make sure y'all know I don't really know anything that goes on with the hospital stuff and especially lung stuff. So if it doesn't sound accurate then u know why.

*Thomas' P. O. V.*

I looked around.

Black everywhere, a black abyss. My breath hitched while my legs were aching. I sprint forward trying to find an escape or a sort of light. But I didn't succeed. Instead I find a tombstone. James' name on it.

I try to touch it but it just vanished in front of my eyes. I turn around and saw James. He had a sign written in his own blood, what it said tore me to pieces.

'I'm dead because of you.'

'You never cared Thomas.'

'Why did you lie to me?'

'I hate you.'

'I hate you.'

'I hate you!!'

"Thomas!"
Eliza yelled.

I was snapped back into reality. I stare into Eliza's eyes. All I know what to do right now is cry.

I sob into her shoulder trying to find comfort. It didn't work. Eliza embraced me and tried to comfort me. I hugged her back

"By the way I'm already in a relationship, her names Maria... I'm sorry but I like you platonically."
She explained.
(I ship Meggy 2 pls don't kill me)

I nodded while sobbing.

"James left lung is failing from the amount of smoke he breathes in. He most likely lives in a place where there's lots of smoke."
She says silently.

I didn't stop crying I cried even harder.

"It's gonna be okay."
Eliza tried to comfort me.

After a few hours or minutes I had stopped crying. I let go of her and wiped away my tears.

"Can I see him please?"
I asked Eliza.

"Yes but you have to know that James is quite weak... I'll try to contact James' family."
Eliza explained.

Thomas nodded. Then the doctors came in.

"You can go to his room now just don't touch his chest area."
The doctor said firmly.

I nod and run to the room.

James had a breathing mask over his mouth and he was sleeping peacefully. The cat stuffy was laying on the floor.

It was called Tommy, he named it after me.

My heart shattered and I picked it up. I held onto it from the sides. Tears fell from my eyes and I embraced it.

I woke up in tears.

I turned around and saw James eyes slightly open. James smiled weakly.

With you by my side.

He waved at me and I ran up to him. I took his hand and gave him the cat stuffy. Tears swelled up my eyes. I embraced him but not too tight.

Breath of relief and I realized.

He hugged me back.

"Don't scare me like that James."
I say.

James didn't say anything he just kept the embrace. He pulled away soon after.

'So apparently the doctors told me my left lung is failing and I need a lung transplant... But they don't have a lung that I can use. Wow that's weird to hear.'
James signed to me.

No, we're not promised tomorrow.

I nodded.

So I'm gonna love you.

"I'll help you find a person who will donate a lung for you."
I said almost instantly.

Like I'm gonna lose you.

'Really?'
James signed.

I'm gonna hold you like I'm saying goodbye.

I nod. His eyes fill with water.

Whenever we're standing I won't take it for granted.

'Thank you.'
He signs.

Cuz you'll never know when

I just hug him again.

We'll run out of time.

"It hurts to see someone leave. Please don't leave me. I will never leave you. I will always be with you till forever."
I whisper intertwining our hands together.

So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you.

~~~

*James' P. O. V.*

Thomas didn't let go for a long time for that hug. I couldn't explain how much emotion was put into that one embrace. It's weird isn't it? I honestly don't know why but it makes me feel all fuzzy and sweet?

Thomas let go of the hug. But kept our hands intertwined.

I blush heavily realizing what he had said and us holding hands.

'I'm not going anywhere Thomas.'
I sign.

Letter by letter with one hand so our hands would still be holding.

Thomas left after that to find a donor.

Hours later.

*Thomas' P. O. V.*

I walk into James' room. A feel a pang of guilt and sadness.

"Hi James..."
I say avoiding his eyes specifically.

I look at his hands.

'Hey are you okay? It's fine if you couldn't find anyone.'
I could tell he was shaking.

This shows that he trusted me to find someone and that I have failed him.

"I'm sorry."
I kept my head low as can be, I didn't want to see his eyes lose the fire of hope.

It was silent for a while and I could tell my eyes was starting to form unimaginable tears. Although I felt a light hand lift my head up again.

James just smiles. A bittersweet smile.

I immediately hugged him, tears lightly falling from my pained eyes. That's when an idea brighten my brain.

End of Chapter 6.
———

Yup I'm still alive lol.

I just wanted to apologize for not updating cuz school is legit taking over and I'm supposed to be studying but ehhh screw dat.

But yeee dats all one last chapter and this is done💛

Byessss

-Author~Chan