Chapter 1

The sky was dark, and few stars could be seen that night. Many clouds were located in the sky, slowly drifting off into the distance. Even with the dark sky the being was not scared, there was no fire to light her path as she walked through the woods. She wore a green cape that matched her surroundings as well as leather armor. She pulled the hood of her cloak down, revealing dark brown hair that was almost black at night.

 She pulled the hood of her cloak down, revealing dark brown hair that was almost black at night

[that's how her hair looks]

She stopped for a moment to look up at the sky, a sigh escaping her lips. She looked back ahead of her and continued walking. The girl found a log and decided it would work. She sat on the log and removed a small knife from one of the small bags attached to her waist. She slowly started sharpening the stick she had been carrying for the past half hour. She lied back on the log as she sharpened the stick, a bored expression on her face.

*snap!*

She froze at the sound of a stick snapping, most would pass it off as an animal of some sort but not her. Yes, it could be an animal, but most of the time..it isn't an animal. It is someone else who wants her dead. She put the stick she was sharpening in her bag. Keeping her knife out. She currently didn't have her bow of any of her arrows, which would be very useful right now.

She lifted herself up to a sitting position before she smirked, "Hello..come out come out~" she almost sang. She made sure to speak in a deeper voice, so it didn't sound like her at all. "Come on, I know you're there, at least fight fair!" she grinned before pointing her knife at a bush. A quiet sigh could be heard before a boy stepped out with his arms crossed, "You're scrawny, easy to take down." the boy mocked. "Really?" the girl stood up, "Easy to take down? Ha..I've dealt with people that are a lot worse than you are." she rolled her eyes before standing up and walking over to him.

"So, you're just another person that's here to kill me, correct?" her head tilted to the side as she asked the question. When the boy responded with silence she laughed, "Wow..and to think you were making fun of me a second ago..run out of things to say?" she laughed again before placing a finger under the boy's chin and lifting it the smallest amount. "Run out of things to say? Oh, not at all. You see, you're just a fool, getting this close." the boy grinned. The girl's face was one of confusion. Her eyes widened as she saw him snap something around her wrist. She pulled her hand away from his chin only for it to stop as the boy held the other end of the cuffs. She held her knife tightly , making sure not to show the boy any of her emotions, "You'll regret this.." she went to stab the boy only for him to grab her wrist with the hand that wasn't holding the cuff. He knocked the knife from her hand before he cuffed her other hand.

"There's nothing for me to regret, I will get a lot of money if I turn you in. What did you do to get the queen so mad at you anyway?" he asked with genuine interest. "That is none of you're business." The girl rolled her eyes, "I'm assuming you're taking me somewhere, correct?" she held up her cuffed wrists, slightly irritated that he caught her so easily.

The boy grinned at her and shrugged, "Well, you did find a rather nice spot to make camp."  he placed a necklace around the girl's neck. The necklace had a black gem of some sort while the rest looked to be silver.

The girl flinched when the cold item made contact with her skin, "I wouldn't try to run if I were you, if you try

The girl flinched when the cold item made contact with her skin, "I wouldn't try to run if I were you, if you try..it will be most unpleasant." The girl's face was emotionless, but her mind was filled with confusion.