30| You're my everything.

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know how to tell you." She cries dramatically.

Zane pecks her lips teasingly and wraps his arm around her. "Let's head in. This ceremony is going to take forever." Ella complains.

"Are you excited?" I ask Ashton while we trail behind them.

"Very. I'm so sick of high school." He sighs, adjusting his cap.

I bite back a smile and decide to help him. He drops his hands to my waist so I can fix his cap, and I part his hair so the cap can fit. "You have a big ass forehead," I mumble.

He chuckles, and I meet his eye when I finish. I lean forward for one last kiss and say, "Don't trip up the stairs. That'd be embarrassing to see on the screen."

"If I fall, just assume I found you in the audience while grabbing my diploma. I thought we'd be allowed to leave the second we got our diploma in our hands." He says.

"Giving us a blank diploma holder really trapped us," I say, shaking my head. We separate into our alphabetical orders and then file into a line for the procession.

The first hour feels like forever, and I finally hear the principal call, "Adalynn Ryder."

My family and friends start to shout while I walk up the stage. Don't trip. I shake hands with the people on stage and get handed my diploma folder.

"Congratulations." My principal says. She probably has never seen you before.

I walk down the steps and sit back in my seat. Yay, you didn't trip! I glance at Ashton, and he blows me a kiss. I pretend to catch it, and then we continue to watch the other students.

When Ashton gets called up, Ella, Zane, and I start yelling like there's no tomorrow. He comes back with his diploma, and I mouth, "I'm proud of you."

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Ella, Zane, Ashton, and I decide to go out for late lunch. We go to a diner that sells burgers and milkshakes and start talking about our plans for the summer.

"I think I'm staying here for the summer," I say.

"I'll be doing an internship starting in July," Zane says.

"I'm visiting family over the summer. But it's only for a week." Ella says, shrugging.

"I think I'm going somewhere this summer, but I'm not sure yet," Ashton says, smiling at me. Why is he being suspicious?

Ella and Zane decided to head out early, leaving me with Ashton. We decide to get ice cream, and Ashton asks, "Remember our first unofficial date?"

"How could I forget?" I ask, linking my arm around his.

We walk into the shop and get in line. When we finally get to the front, it's the same cashier as last time.

"What would you like?" She asks, only looking at Ashton.

I say, "Mint chocolate chip in a cone, please!"

She rolls her eyes and has the other worker scoop my ice cream.

"I'll have cookies and cream in a large cup," Ashton says, taking out his credit card.

She glares at me when he goes to pay for my food and asks, "You two together?"

"Yep, she's my girlfriend," Ashton says, wrapping an arm around my waist. She rolls her eyes and hands us our ice cream.

"How do you not get annoyed when people hit on you?" I ask curiously.

"No one ever hit on me until I moved. But I'm only used to having an annoying girlfriend hit on me, so..." He trails, shrugging.

"Annoying? I'm the best thing in your life." I say, laughing.

"Damn right," Ashton says automatically. I smile, and he leans forward to kiss me.

"When we were having lunch, you said you might be going somewhere... Do you know where? Or are your parents keeping it a secret or something?" I ask, tilting my head.

"My parents aren't coming," Ashton says.

"Oh?" I say, confused.

"What if I told you I bought tickets to France this summer?" He asks, smiling.

"I'd probably stay home," I say, shrugging.

"Oh... Guess I'll have to find someone else to go with." Ashton says, faking a disappointed look.

"You're fucking with me," I say, laughing.

"I bought the tickets," Ashton says seriously.

"What?" I ask, surprised.

"I asked your parents, and they said they're okay with us going." He says, grinning.

I cup his face and kiss him. "I love you," I whisper.

"I love you so much more." He says.

"Are we really doing this?" I ask, still shocked.

"This is going to be the best summer ever." He says, holding my hand.

"And why is that?" I ask teasingly.

"Cause I'll be with you the whole time." He says cheekily.

I happily sigh and say, "Sounds like heaven."

"You are my angel." He says.

I smile at his words and whisper, "I love you so much." I wrap my arms around him and place my head in the crook of his neck.

"This is it for me. You're my future. You're my everything." He says, pulling me in for another kiss.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

This is the last real chapter in the book! 😭

I hope you enjoyed this book! 💕

I hope you stay for the epilogue! 🤗

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋