This is multi tasking

I sat on the beach with a book in my hands. I was laying on a beach towel and had a huge hat on my head to block out the sun.

My phone pulled me from my reading, so I put in the book mark before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi Carter, it's Jak." My agent replied.

"Oh, hey Jak. Everything okay?" I asked him.

"Everything is fine, I'm calling because I have an audition for you and I think you're really going to like it."

"Jak, I told you, I'm not taking auditions at the minute. I'm on vacation and then I'm doing a press tour. After that I start shooting for my Marvel film. I don't have time for anything else right now." I told him as I started packing away my things and throwing on my cover up.

"Okay, hear me out. It's a live action Disney movie. They wouldn't give specifics but they called and asked for you specifically. I think you should take it. I've sent you over the lines, read it over. Get back to me."

"Jak, no-"

"Enjoy your vacation Carter, bye!" Before I could respond he had hung up. I cursed to myself as I slid it in my bag before starting my walk back from the beach to the villa. It wasn't a long walk, but enough time to think about what Jak had offered.

I opened the door to the villa and saw the living room to be empty.

"Hello? Tom? You there?" I called but got nothing in response. "Babe?!" I put my beach bag and hat on the counter before starting to walk around the villa.

I heard the water running in the bathroom, so I went in and Tom was in the shower.

"Hey darling." He spoke from behind The shower curtain. "How was your morning at the beach?" He asked as I leant against the sink.

"It was alright, I read some of my book. It's getting really good, someone should make it a movie - I so would go for the main role." I chuckled lightly.

He pulled the curtain back and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight of him, his hair was coated in my foamy shampoo and he had a face full of shaving foam.

"Okay, first, this-" he gestured to his face and head "-is multi tasking so don't laugh. And second, what's bothering you?"

"My agent called while I was at the beach, he said he got a request for me to audition for a movie. I had kinda set my mind on not taking any more roles until after I'd sorted out this movie with Marvel-"

"What movie with Marvel?" Tom asked, sticking his head out again, only this time he had no shampoo on his hair and half a face of shaving foam.

"They asked me specifically not to tell you. You're kind of a blabber mouth." I laughed.

"I am not! Maybe I let one or two secrets-"

"12 secrets." I pointed out.

"-12 secrets out, but I can keep a secret. I mean, I never told anyone that Haz and Lucy slept together." His face changed as he realised what he had said. "Shit."

"Since when?!"

"Not the point. Back to this agent thing. Do you know what the movie is?" He went back to his shower as he asked his question.

"It's a live action Disney movie. He said they wouldn't give specifics but they really want me to audition. I still have to read over the sides, but i don't know what to do." I sighed as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, maybe you should read over the lines and decide how you feel about the role before making any rash decisions. If they've asked you to audition, then they really want you. So, take your time before talking to Jak." He said simply as he shut off the water.