"You can't just respond! Go talk to him. He's probably home. I'll ask Em," Alice said excitedly. She quickly texted Em who informed Alice that Dan was at home. "He is! I'll walk with you. C'mon!"

"You just want to see Em," Phil said.

"Shh! C'mon!"

The two grabbed their jackets and began the short walk to the Howell's house.

. .  . .

"Oh, hey, Phil. Hey, Alice. Come on in. What's up?" Em said as she opened the door.

"Phil has to talk to Dan," Alice said.

"Is it that important? He's in his room," Em said, guiding them into the living room.

"Thanks," Phil said running up the stairs.

"You don't know?" Alice asked. "Dan confessed to Phil over text!"

Em's eyes widened, "He wasn't supposed to send that. I told him to not send it. It was just supposed to get his feelings out."

"He's probably so freaked out," Alice said.

. .  . .

Dan paced back and forth in his room. He was having a total meltdown. Not only had Phil read the message but he hadn't responded.

Dan's heart leapt into his throat as someone knocked on the door. He stared at the door.

"Hey, Dan?" Dan heard Phil say through the door. "Are you in there?"

"Yes," Dan squeaked. "Hey," Dan said as Phil pushed open the door.

"I got your message," Phil said, sitting on the edge of Dan's bed.

Dan's face flushed. He roughly sat on the bed next to Phil, "O-oh, right that. U-uh, I'm sorry-"

"Don't. Please don't lie to me right now."

Dan silently looked at Phil and waited for him to continue.

"Dan, do you know how long I've wanted to hear something like that from you? But if you didn't mean that then you should tell me right now. I need you to be honest with me. Do you mean it? Do you really love me?" Phil looked into Dan's eyes.

"I do," Dan managed, his eyes began to fill with tears. "I'm in love with you."

"Good," Phil said with a slight smile. "Because I'm in love with you too."

Phil leaned forward and pressed his lips against Dan's. Dan smiled and returned the kiss.

"Why didn't you say anything before?" Dan muttered.

"I suppose the same reason you didn't. I didn't want to risk our friendship."

The two smiled at each other. Neither knew what this meant for them and their future but they knew how they felt about each other. For now, that was enough for them. 

. .  . . 

AN: 

Wow! Would you look at that? I still know how to write! 

But seriously, everything has been a little wild lately and I've found myself really, really busy. But here's a few life updates! 

I just started my senior year! Wow I'm old. 

I dyed the underneath of my hair rainbow during summer and then cut it off really short when school started back. 

My birthday has come and went so I am now 17! 

I've gotten into Detroit: Become Human and Riverdale and I've started listening to Waterparks

I smashed my phone, got a new one, and smashed that one. So now I'm using a very cracked phone. 

I'm going to see Fall Out Boy next month! I'm extremely excited! I'll be just a few rows away from my boys! 

I'm sure I've probably missed a lot but whatever. 

So while I haven't been very active on here, I've been doing a lot of art. Most of it hasn't been posted but a lot of it is on my instagram. 

"I woke up today a bouncing baby boy ready to start my kindergarten day. Started to talk to people, met a friend, he gave me a nugget, then I met this girl and my like was spiraled downward since then" -Jacksepticeye 

I love, love, love you all so so so much and just because I wasn't posting doesn't mean I didn't read all of your wonderful comments. You all are so wonderful and I'm sure I have the best and sweetest readers of them all! 

-Nerdie