Accidental Texts

AN: 

Description: Dan asks Em to help him deal with his feelings for Phil and things definitely don't go to plan. 

Dan and Phil are teens in this which is what I'm blaming Dan's dramatic-ness on. 

TW: None

. .  . .

"Why can't love be easy?" Dan groaned, throwing himself across Em's lap.

"Firstly, stop being so dramatic and, secondly, you almost made me drop my cookie," Em muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Help me, sister," Dan muttered, throwing his arm over his eyes.

"Fine, just stop calling me sister." Em took a moment to finish her cookie before she said something again. "Are you still moping about how clueless Phil is?"

"He's not clueless! Besides I don't know if I want to tell him at this point. I mean, we have such a good friendship and I really don't want to put it on the line," Dan explained.

Em sighed, "So you just want to get rid of your feelings and go back to the way things were?"

"Can I do that?" Dan asked, peeking out at his sister.

"I don't think so. But I might have an idea to help give you a bit of peace of mind. Just to help you get your feelings out."

"You do?" Dan asked.

"I think so. Compose a text. Get out all your feelings and emotions-"

"And send it?!" Dan interrupted. "Are you crazy? Didn't I just say-"

"That wasn't what I was going to say. If you would let me talk, rat, you would know that I have a better idea. Delete it. Or copy it into your notes. Whatever. Just don't send it. Get it out of your system like you're going to tell him and then don't," Em explained.

"That is a good idea. Thanks, Em," Dan said as he hopped up and ran to his room.

"Yeah yeah. I'm a genius, I know."

. .  . .

It took Dan two hours to compose a message that said everything he'd always wanted to tell Phil. He poured his heart and soul into the message. When he finally finished, he tossed his phone onto the bed and sighed. Em was right, it made him feel better. Maybe things could become normal again.

"I guess I should delete it," Dan muttered to himself. He picked up his phone and took a look at the screen.

Dan's heart dropped to his feet. Under the message he had just written, the word sending was displayed.

"No nonononono," Dan muttered in a panic. He tapped the screen trying to delete the text.

Sent, 2:03 pm

"No! Wait!"

Read, 2:04 pm

Dan slunk to the floor, ready to cry.

. .  . .

Phil and Alice were sitting in Phil's room watching movies when he received the text.

He glanced down at his phone, smiling at the fact that it was Dan. Phil's heart leapt into his throat as he read the message.

"Alice," Phil muttered.

"Hm?" Alice turned to see what he was looking at. "Phil!" she exclaimed as she read the message. "Oh my gosh! This is great!"

"What do I say?" Phil asked in a panic.