Sketch Pad

AN: 

Description: High school AU in which Phil accidentally takes Dan's sketch pad. 

TW: none 

. .  . .

While Dan did have most of his things tucked safely away in his backpack which was resting on the floor, he always left his sketch pad on his desk. It had always worked for him and he never really thought anything of it. It just made it quicker for him to grab it and draw or make sure he didn't lose it.

On the other hand, Phil, the cute boy who sat next to Dan in Spanish, kept his backpack in his locker so he just carried the books he needed to class. He didn't think too much of it either. Sure, it made him take longer to get to class but he wasn't carrying everything and it didn't make him late for class so what does it matter?

. .   . .

"You all can go," their Spanish teacher said, dismissing the class.

Dan grabbed his backpack and was about to reach for his sketch pad before he realized that it was gone. His heart dropped to his feet as he looked around for it. Could someone have picked it up by accident? But it was unmistakably his, it was covered in stickers after all!

As the last of the students filed out it became clear that it was missing. He jumped up and speed walked back to his last class to see if he could have possibly left it there only to be disappointed. He quickly went to the lunchroom to not be late.

"Hey, Dan," Andi said as she smiled at him sweetly. Today his tall friend was wearing cat ears in her short red hair along with a white crop top and a high waisted pink skirt.

"You okay?" Aurora, Andi's girlfriend, asked. Aurora was dress in her usual galaxy Panic! t-shirt and ripped gray skinny jeans. Her purple hair was down and her galaxy eyes revealed her worry at his panicked state.

"No!" Dan responded.

"What's wrong?" Andi asked.

"My sketch book! It's missing! I had it in Spanish but when I went to leave, it was gone!"

"Okay, calm down," Aurora said, slowly. "I'm sure we'll find it. Maybe someone picked it up by accident. Doesn't Phil sit next to you in Spanish?"

Dan nodded sadly.

"Then go ask him," Andi advised as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

"I can't," Dan complained.

"You can't or you won't?" Andi asked.

"I'll just make a fool of myself and then we'll never be friends, much less more!"

"You'll be fine!" Andi said. "Maybe even flirt with him and then you'll-"

"Andi, stop pressuring him. Dan, if you really don't want to ask him, I'll go. I don't mind," Aurora assured Dan.

"Don't tell me what to do, shorty," Andi grumbled.

"No, Andi's right-"

"Told you that you're short."

"Hey!" Aurora complained. "I may be short but you two giants don't have to keep pointing it out." 

"That's not what I was referring to," Dan said. "I should ask him. It is my sketch pad."

"Well," Aurora replied, "Andi was right about one thing-"

"Thank you- wait, hey!"

"You can do it," Aurora assured her friend.