Chapter 16

Lorcan, after three drinks, soon started to feel dizzy. He sighed and leaned his head on my shoulder. After moments I glanced down at him to see he was snoring.

"Ack, that's ya got." Myko said, his long stranded light brown hair all over his dirty face. "Ya better getim to a hot yell"

"Um...Will do," I said, unsure of what he had meant.

"Yup, ya beer!"

"I will," I nodded my head, still confused.

"If you two need a place to stay we'd be happy to welcome you to our Zemiran Classic hotel!" Masei added excitedly. "It's pretty awesome." She winked.

"Got dat correct missy." Her brother replied.

"Thanks, but...there's three of us. There's another person who-"

"Who has noticed you sitting here playing around for the last three hours?" A cold voice said behind me. I turned around slowly to see Kalivers icy glare.

"Kaliver," I said, laughing nervously. His glare didn't change. It was like he was firing bullets at me with his electric eyes. He walked towards me, eyes not blinking, and sat down next to me.

Maybe he's analyzing me I thought with a terrible suspicion.

"Why are you scared?" His cunning voice set my brain on fire as he narrowed his eyes. Yup. definitely analyzing.

"Scared? I'm not scared," I noted. I'm not scared I'm terrified.

"Uh huh," He said, unamused and distant sounding. "Tell me why he-" Kaliver gestured to Lorcan. "Is passed out on a bar stool."

"It's a long story..." I fell silent trying to think of any possible explanations for the matter.

"Right," Kaliver said, arching a brow skyward.

Lorcan jolted awake suddenly "Left!" He argued drunkenly, then passed out again, this time completely falling off the stool.

Kaliver dragged us to the hotel, which, happened to be Masei's. We got to our room and Lorcan tumbled over to the balcony. "I'm gonna make sure he doesn't jump off the railing..." I said, walking outside to the crisp smokey air. I shut the gliding door behind me.

"Look at it." Lorcan smiled at the lights, his eyes unfocused and dreamy. "Lights for miles and miles." He seemed to have recovered, at least a little, from his drunken state. His elbows leaned on thick metal railing and his hands held his head like they were molded to fit his chin.

"Yeah." I sighed. "This was my favorite place in the world when I was younger."

"Makes sense." Lorcan grew quiet. "Elsie..."

"Hm?" I looked up to him.

"Oh, heh," Lorcan smiled nervously. "There's the rain," droplets of water fell from heaven and landed on us. "It's like God is trying to throw spit at us,"

"Interesting comparison, but, what did you want to tell me?"

Lorcan sighed. "I wanted to give you something, but it's small, it's silly really." What does he want to give me? I asked myself.

"It's important if you give it to me," I pushed.

"You'll strangle me if I gave it to you." Lorcan noted plainly.

"Just give it Lorcan!" I held out my hand for whatever he was going to give me.

He looked at it wearily, then turned away, not speaking.

"Lorcan," I tried.

"I can't. You'd be mad."

"Well then tell me what it is!" I yelled. When he responded with silence I noticed what I had said. "I'm sorry, but please. Just give it."

"Elsie, it's complicated."

"Lorcan." I demanded.

I felt something press against my lips and saw how close Lorcan was to me. His breath was on the area in between my nose and lips, and his...his pale lips were glued to mine.

I let out a small gasp, and he pulled away. "That's...what I had to give you."

I let my hand drop back down to my side, still astonished. Lorcan looked, not only ashamed and embarrassed, but sad.

"I know you mentioned how people rarely say 'I love you' to you..."

"They don't, but okay." He didn't meet my eyes.

"That's about to change." I placed a hand on his shoulder, his yellow armor probably leaving marks and indents in my skin. "Because I love you."

Lorcan looked up to me, a hopeful surprised mood swelling in his eyes, causing water to spill onto his cheeks, staining them with...happiness. I smiled, turning back to the lights to hide my own tears, and felt Lorcan's arms wrap around me. I hadn't realized I was cold until his warmth flooded through me. "If I ever get the Virus...I'm taking you down with me."

"That's how it would have to be," I said. "Because I would hold your hand until you died."

"Reassuring..." Lorcan sighed.

"If I get taken to be an experiment..." A real worry filled me.

"I'll protect you. I am a knight after all. So rest easy yeah?"

I giggled. "I guess."

"How cute." A cold voice said behind us. I turned around...

Thanks for reading!! And yes, to SuperCoolKitten and people who ship Loriver (Lorcan x Kaliver) it's not gonna happen. there might be some parts but nada. It's LORSIE